• This topic has 200 replies, 38 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by Pook.
Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 201 total)
  • STW peaks meet 5th: Ladybower loop
  • steel4real
    Free Member

Hopefully room for one more ?!

Looks like the weather may just play ball, goodness knows what the trails will be like but hey they aren't any better anywhere else and it looks like a star studded forum outing, at least I've met one person listed 🙂

lyons
    Free Member

Ive just spent an hour in the rain fixing up a bike to ride, not fun. Hopefully this will have appeased the rain gods, and we will have good weather tomorrow.

Pook

Everyone's welcome! Can someone bring a shock pump for lyons?
    My hub is making nasty noises but I'm going to have to risk it… Might throw another wheel in thoughj just in case. If someone could take a torx spanner for rotors that would be ace.

Cheers, see you all tomorrow!

steel4real
    Free Member

OK – as I posted late, I will bring a Torx key & shock pump for car park fettling – will put in pile of clothes for tomorrows riding now !

(Red Cotic)

benman
    Free Member

Sorry guys, I can't make it now. Going for a ride with some guys from work, and we don't all want to crash the STW ride otherwise there will be loads of us!! We're riding in the same area though, so sure we'll cross paths sometime in the day.

I'm on a white geared inbred, so say hello if you see me! Have a good days riding

Ben

simonm
    Free Member

may see you around, we will be the group of riders looking like tits with bikes decorated up for our yearly xmas ride.

JohnnyPanic

Complete with flashing fairy lights? 🙂

Hopefully you're not all on hardtails (why do I think that?). I'm on a bright green Meta and I've orange goggles. Distinctive.

benkitcher
    Free Member

Yes! Just seen this after finding out I have a surprise free weekend.
    See you there in the morning!

rustielookinchain
    Free Member

Sorry to miss the ride today – woke up full of flu, so went back to bed – awesome weather too!

mjb

Thanks to all for a great ride today. Sorry i couldn't make it to the pub but i don't think they'd be too keen on letting me in covered in mud and to be honest if i'd sat down in a warm pub i don't think i'd ever manage to get up again!

Anyway here's a link to the photos i took…

Peaks – 05.12.09

DWH
    Free Member

Really enjoyed the ride today chaps. Sorry I couldn't join you on the last climb up WLT but I really had to get home before dark.

genester
    Free Member

gutted i missed this,woke up was ill been looking forward all week to this 😥

Pook

Just settled on the sofa, huge mug of tea in hand, bike cleaned, clothes in wash, and I've even showered! Great ride today folks, hope you all enjoyed it as much as I did, despite my many mechanicals!
    Vids coming soon – if anyone has any pics, email them to me and I'll get them in too.

See you all soon

sadexpunk

and im just settled with a glass of sloe gin, bike rinsed and wd40'd, clothes still waiting in the bin bag 🙂

excellent day. just right for me. thanks a lot for organising that bad boy 🙂

BadlyWiredDog

Thanks for a great day, guys. Good to meet everyone, put faces to names and just enjoy riding.

steel4real
    Free Member

Likewise – much enjoyed 😀

will
    Free Member

What a great day! Really enjoyed it, and thought the ride was great. Good to meet more riders!

Chris – I'll have a look at the few videos i took tomorrow.

Bike has just been put in the garage, think i'll wash it tomorrow…

dano
    Free Member

yeah, sorry to be so soft and to bail out on the first climb… that will teach me to go riding with a cold… promise not to be such a wet lettuce next time…and sort out my creaking seat post 😀

Pook

Will, was that a bike you were on? 😉

will
    Free Member

😆 It did me well. No flats which I was happy about, as changing tyres involves a number of sifferent sized spanners, and is a general arse.

Already looking forward to the next ride!

longstuff
    Free Member

Pook

😀

Pook

Have I just been called a tool?

Or is it a cone? Can't tell on this phone!

Incidentally, someone has stolen my parcel shelf!

benkitcher
    Free Member

cheers for organising pook, was a good day out. I'm feeling it now! Bike is still in the car, must go fish it out…..

See below for a map of the ride. If the click on the 'end point' in the bar on the left of the map, you'll get all sorts of geeky data! :mrgreen:

link

mjb

Have I just been called a tool?

I think it's one of those plastic bits you put behind the cassette to stop the chain getting stuck against the spokes. Now why would you need one of those 😀

thefallguy
    Free Member

thanks for a great ride today everyone, good to meet you all, big cheers to pook for organising it all – even if he did miss the last third with some mechanical excuse/issue, it was bonus to get out in some good weather too!

Jon – bloke on black Stumpjumper 😀

konage
    Free Member

Cheers for a great day's ridin , first time in the peaks and loved it ,see ya all again soon.

simonm
    Free Member

saw you all at Fairholmes, sorry to whoever asked if we were the ones in fancy dress, on reflection what I said was a little sarcastic. Great day in the Peak though, so many faces out.

james
    Free Member

I also bailed on the pub, so sorry, I needed to get back early

Good ride though, well apart from the SPD clate attachment plate part of my shoe ripping out on the last descent. Maybe carbon soles aren't upto the peak after all ..

I look forward to the video pook, I want to see just how slow I look to have gone down the beast

James – (Black/Gold Stumpjumper)

Pook

Mechanical excuse? How rude! My entire bike* was teetering on the edge of collapse, plastic wheel thing or no plastic wheel thing..

*when I say bike, I may actually mean body.

will
    Free Member

Know what you need Chris – A Cross bike, no such gear/brake pad issues there…

Pook

Touche!

JohnnyPanic

Thanks to all for a good day out and for holding all those gates open for me. 🙂
    I need to get out a bit more. Been stuck inside for a few weeks now and it showed. 😐
    As a bonus, the bike didn't crack.

mrsflash
    Free Member

Sorry I didn't let you know we weren't coming. got home to find no internet, and it's been down all weekend. Hope you had a good ride

jackthedog
    Free Member

Nice to meet everyone. Good ride, good company, nice way to spend a saturday.

Looking forward to the next one. Cheers to Pook for the organisation.

Pook

No worries MrsF! – keep an eye out for the next one.

It was a good ride – just looking at the videos I got and there's some nice stuff! Out all day today but will be having a cheeky look tomorrow

😀

Pook

Ok – it's a video of sorts

hope it's alright for you

😀

jackthedog
    Free Member

Good video, enjoyed.

I like the editing that makes it look like you do the top section of the hagg farm descent in about 4 seconds 🙂

james
    Free Member

You cut me out of riding the beast!
    Or at least I thought you were videoing when I when past? Perhaps not

Pook

what were you wearing james? When did you go down? a couple sneaked through before I got it properly rolling.

And Stuart – I did 😉

will
    Free Member

Chris – Great video 🙂 We do need to get out and make a proper film 😆 Maybe when it warms up a little…

Nice to see I didn;t look totally stupid riding down the beast on that

Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 201 total)

The topic ‘STW peaks meet 5th: Ladybower loop’ is closed to new replies.