Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 88 total)
  • STW London ride
  • neilnevill
    Free Member

Anybody fancy resurecting the London rides? I only made it to one last year, Rudeboy's westminster, city, docklands, woolwich, grenwhich, bermondsey, westminster ride but I know there were one or two others.

I'm guesing the big thaw will give some messy gloop for a few weeks so some urban pootles and social rides could be the best way to get a bit of cycling.

aP
    Free Member

I've been thinking about trying my west London route again.
    Meet in Richmond – out through Twickenham, the Hamptons, Eefrow, Hayes, BMX track, Southall, down the cut, pub.
    There's a surprising amount of off road, will just have to check that the Feltham bridge collapse hasn't affected the route out of the pefect berms within Feltham Marshalling Yard.

brooess
    Free Member

count me in. will be coming in from SE London

psychle
    Free Member

if it coincides with a day off (often work weekends 🙁 ), then I'll be in 🙂

neilnevill
    Free Member

west London works for me. I could do this weekend or next?

aP
    Free Member

This weekend is going to be very damp – how 'bout next weekend? Sunday 24th?
    I'm quite happy to miss the Harp Hilly 100 – especially as its £10 entry.

neilnevill
    Free Member

Well there's no guarentee that next weekend will be better but yeah lets go for Sunday 24th, gives a chance for a few others to see the thread and join in.

Meet somewhere in Richmond Park?

aP
    Free Member

If people are coming from around about how bout on Richmond Bridge? Easy to find and not too big to get lost on.

allyharp

I'm up for this if I've got a bike in London by that weekend!

neilnevill
    Free Member

okay the bridge, southern end? 10:00?

aP
    Free Member

Ok. I've got a route worked out – we'll go and ride it on Sunday to make sure that it's ok.
    10am Sunday 24th, Richmond Bridge.
    I'll try and get RB out as well.

neilnevill
    Free Member

cool

I'm working on a route for a future london pootle…..fancy the 78 mile capital ring walk by bike? Most of it is quiet roads, canal paths, park paths….so not too much cheeky action despite the 'walk' title.

http://www.walklondon.org.uk/route.asp?R=1

pinches
    Free Member

I might be up for this if i've got the keys to my flat by then.

holyhutzpa
    Free Member

Oh, I would have loved to come along, but I'm working

speaker2animals

That Walk London site is pretty impressive. I've bookmarked it ready for visits to the big smoke later in the year. If I was in London, I'd be with you on the 24th.

bullheart
    Free Member

I'd like to come if thats okay?

bananaworld
    Free Member

Ooh, riding in West London! Count me in, if there's not too many people already 🙂

psychle
    Free Member

Checked my roster, I'm off on the 24th! Woohoo, I can finally make one of these rides 8)

Here's to fine weather eh? 😉 Now, what bike to ride for a London pootle?…

aP
    Free Member

To be honest its not going to be enormously gnarly, except for the BMX track near Stockley Park – take whatever you can land safely.

rOcKeTdOg

my model helicopter?

aP
    Free Member

If you can ride it, take it 🙄

psychle
    Free Member

If you can ride it, take it 🙄

'twas a facetious comment chaps… 🙄 🙂

BMX track eh? I can't jump to save my soul… Should be fun 😆

kimbers

damn im in wales on 24th 🙁

neilnevill
    Free Member

petesgaff – of course, everyone welcome.

What tyres for a bmx track 😉

If people really enjoy the bmx track maybe we could do a crawl of some tracks for a future ride, I know of a track in Brokeley park near Camberwell and one in Brixton….but I'm too scared to ride 'em and show myself up!

That walk london site is fairly good isn't it. I saw the capital ring and it goes within 500 yards of my house so I think Sunday I'll head off round it and see how far i get….6 or 7 hours on the single speed should see me home again 😕

brooess
    Free Member

On the 'what bike' question, my hardtail will possibly still be in bits next weekend and full suss feels like overkill. But my s/s Roadrat is in full working order. Reckon that'll be good for the route you're planning?

london_lady
    Free Member

brooess – yes

aP
    Free Member

I'll be riding my cx bike.

mmccarthy
    Free Member

Count me in!

aP
    Free Member

Now, this'll be a straight walk-off, old school rules. First model walks; second model duplicates, then elaborates. Okay, boys – let's go to work!

neilnevill
    Free Member

Zoolander?

aP
    Free Member

Yup. Sorry, a slightly sideways moment, oh, and David Bowie has already said he's not turning up.

.duncan
    Free Member

ooh i think i'm tempted.

IsaacClarke
    Free Member

I'm in!

Rockin' up from Ealing.

"I'm not an ambi-turner. It's a problem I had since I was a baby. I can't turn left."

duntmatter
    Free Member

"Wait a minute. I might just have an idea. They'll be looking for us at Richmond Bridge right? But they won't be looking for… not us."

vinnyeh

I'll try to make this.
    I need someone to teach me that there's more to life than just being really, really, really good looking. Right kids?

neilnevill
    Free Member

Hope the weather is dry, but then….
    Moisture is the essence of wetness, and wetness is the essence of beauty.

aP
    Free Member

Rode most of it today and the Cavalry Tunnel is closed due to the bridge reconstruction, and the boardwalk is the slippiest thing since Mr Slippy invented slippyness.
    Feltham marshalling yard has some fun berms 'n' stuff as long as we steer clear of the scary tent city at the west end.
    We'll need to motor in places to get round – bring some lights for just in case and the journey home kids.
    If you're very lucky we might bring some home made Hairy Bikers samosas for on trail fud.
    A.

pinches
    Free Member

i unfortunately don't own any lights 🙁

aP
    Free Member

Not even ickle front and rear lights for cycling home in the dark?
    No need for anything more than that.
    Richmond Bridge , 10.00, Sunday morning.
    Oh, RB will be there (so he assures me).

allyharp

Unfortunately it doesn't look like I can make it this weekend now. I haven't got a bike down here yet, and I'm waiting on somebody in Glasgow sending one down. As they still haven't done so there isn't much chance of getting it for this weekend.

It's a pity, as I could do with seeing some routes around here. But maybe next time…

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 88 total)

The topic ‘STW London ride’ is closed to new replies.