• This topic has 243 replies, 72 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by Pogo.
Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 244 total)
  • Street Fighters
  • Dino
    Free Member

I walk the highway between them?
    You mean in the gutter 😆
    What a Tw*t!

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Exactly bollocks.

Why, exactly?

'Hard' isn't just about being physically strong or capable. Hard is about having the bottle to go as far as it takes to get the job done, be that climbing a mountain, or stopping someone from sexually assaulting you. The young lass I saw was much smaller than the bloke who was harassing her. He would almost certainly have battered her in a 'straight fight'. So, she resorted to extreme tactics, to resolve the situation. Maybe a bit too extreme, but no-one had any sympathy for her 'victim'. He thought he could intimidate her, and take liberties, but he didn't count on how 'hard' she was.

In fact, the greater the obstacle, the harder the person who overcomes it.

Read the Petesgaff thread. That's 'Hard'.

U31
    Free Member

Hard is also about walking away when its the right thing to do, even tho every fibre of your living being is telling you to kick the shit out of someone

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Surf-Mat
    Free Member

If you need to kill or critically injure someone to "win" a fight or situation then you aren't hard – you are very stupid and out of control.

A court (and let's face it, that's where these situations end up) would look very dimly on someone that's killed or permanently injured someone for no good reason. Of course if someone is GENUINELY in mortal danger, the "rules" are different but glassing someone for being a bit of a tw4t is totally OTT and rather retarded.

I should think that woman is now serving time inside? That's not very clever.

TooTall
    Free Member

Surf-Mat – Member
    Working a door also results in aggro a fair bit.

Not if you do it properly it doesn't.

warton
    Free Member

I walk the highway between them

Please say this is a joke

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Surf Mat;

Apparently the guy had trapped her in a corner, and was molesting her. She'd asked him to stop. He didn't. She glassed him. Fair enough, I say. But have you ever smashed a glass in someone's face because they were sexually assaulting you? I haven't. A bit OTT, for me, but then I'm not a 5'2" 8 stone girl being molested by a 6' 13 stone+ bloke. I'd imagine it took quite a bit of courage for her to take such drastic action.

The bloke was dragged away by some others, the girl and her friends left, police didn't turn up, so I'd imagine nothing further happened as a result. I don't blame here; a nasty sexual bully got his just deserts imo.

As for the 'hard' bit; the fact that she fought back against overwhelming odds marked her out as being tough, and courageous.

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

Elfin – that's a bit different to the initial story – more serious. In which case, fair enough.

DezB
    Free Member

tough, and courageous…

or, more likely, pissed.

jon1973
    Free Member

I walk the highway between them

That sounds like a line from Roadhouse.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Glassing is OK? WTF

Knee in the knackers would have had the same effect. She should be banged up.

Ever heard of proprtionality?

MrsToast
    Free Member

I got to blue belt at Tae Kwon Do and Yellow at aikido before my knees gave out… never managed to break out a hadoken on anybody though. 🙁

molgrips
    Free Member

had many srteet scraps

Well Mat I was going to make a quip about not being at all surprised by this 😉 but then I started thinking – why have I never been in a street fight? Or even in a situation where a fight might ensue?

Ok, tell a lie – the only time I have was when riding through Caerleon a few months back. There's a one way system that goes around the back of the castle walls – the road is very narrow single track but takes a lot of cars. I was doing a bit over 20mph and it's only a bout 400 yards long, so no big deal to wait behind me. Some guy squeezed past far too close, and I made an annoyed sign – didn't flip him off or swear or shout. He then stopped and wound the window down to shout abuse. I braked, got off my bike, tossed it aside and stood there ready to square up, but a (young and much "tougher" looking) chap behind just laid on his horn to say 'stop being such a cock' and he drove off.

That could've led to a confrontation, but I doubt it'd have ended up in a fight since I really wasn't going to look for one.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Cynic-Al;

So, she goes to knee him, it doesn't work, he batters her in retaliation. She had the glass in her hand, he had her in a corner, she did the only thing she knew guaranteed to stop him.

As for the ethics and morals; I'm on her side. No-one should ever put their hand on another in such a sexual way, if it's not consensual. Imagine if it was your lady in her position, and she did exactly the same thing. Would you want her banged up?

Anyway, I'd like to drop this now. Wish I'd not mentioned it tbh.

bikemonkey
    Free Member

I had a fight at school once – I think it was a draw.

I've not even come particularly close to having a fight as a grown up. The ones I see are usually caused by people who claim to be level headed "stepping in to help". Causes the other guys mates to "step in and help" which then leads to a stand off.

yunki
    Free Member

I think it's very rare that anyone has to be involved in a fight that doesn't want to be..
    As a responsible adult and a coward I choose quite vehemently and ferociously NOT to get into physical fights..

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Who wants a fwcking biscuit?!
    Do you want one… do ya?

*pulls up a bar stool*

Junkyard
    Free Member

Junkyard – what is your point? Uni scraps all involved (without exception) defending lairy mates

Yes you get into multiple scraps all over the place that you admit to enjoying and not one of them has anything to do with how you acted as you were simply defending the honour of people like a modern day Knight with a similar chivalrous code.
    Oddly I managed to survive Wales as a student and nights out with family members and friends without fighting anyone [ if only my Mum could say the same thing and I wish I was joking].
    So either you are a pathetic individual with trawling tendencies – see other forums you left for example- with the need to prove your manliness by beating up someone else because you are trying to compensate for something or you are just very unlucky and really just a knight in shining armour defending the weak.

PS Best tags I have seen in ages

BigDummy
    Free Member

This thread really does need to hear from ton.

While I agree with barnsleymitch, I feel strongly that there's a lot more road before this gets old. 🙂

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

You mean in the gutter
    What a Tw*t!

What highway do you walk mate?

I think you should be skipping up that flowery path through a medow, thats the one the wusses walk on.

You've got to be able to handle yourself if needs be

MussEd
    Free Member

Remember the immortal words of Kenny Rogers and the "Coward of the County" lads…

molgrips
    Free Member

Well Matt doesn't realise why he annoys people on here, so perhaps the same is true in real life?

Remember the immortal words of Kenny Rogers and the "Coward of the County" lads…

Well that song ends with the guy dishing out a beating anyway, thus reinforcing the idea that violence is good anyway, and thereby rubbishing its own message.

alex222
    Free Member

dtf I don't think your hard mate. I think your all mouth and no trousers. 😆

jon1973
    Free Member

You've got to be able to handle yourself if needs be

Yes, but that was a pretty corny line to come out with – you're not Ace Rimmer. 😆

wwaswas

"Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent"

Isaac Asimov

Sums it up for me, though.

MussEd
    Free Member

Molgrips – can see irony is wasted in this testosterone enriched atmosphere so how bouts we settle this side-argument like men in the car-park surrounded by drunken hags shouting "leave it- he's no worth it!"?

Cos Sometimes you gotta fight to be a man…

Junkyard
    Free Member

molgrips leave it hes not worth it

BigDummy
    Free Member

you're not Ace Rimmer

Oooooh. You are sooooo dead now.

ojom
    Free Member
    nedrapier

alex222 – Member
    dtf I don't think your hard mate. I think your all mouth and no trousers.

Or "tout bouche, aucun pantalons" as they say in France.

Funny though.

yunki
    Free Member

I kicked a Lemur once

wwaswas

I can see why yunki;

BigDummy
    Free Member

Lemurs walk the highway between swivel-eyed mentalism and bad breath.

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

So either you are a pathetic individual with trawling tendencies – see other forums you left for example– with the need to prove your manliness by beating up someone else because you are trying to compensate for something or you are just very unlucky and really just a knight in shining armour defending the weak.

Another stalker geek reveals himself… 😆 😆

However there's it's one thing talking about scrapping and sharing wisdom/info, but it's another thing actually "threatening" people on the internerd – that's really sad.

We must all remember we are sat in front on computers. Sometimes you can tell when someone "knows" (U31 and a few others do) what they are talking about but most of the time it's just some words written on a geeky forum.

I'm tempted to post a pic but I won't 😉

wwaswas

I'm tempted to post a pic

do you look like a lemur too?

MussEd
    Free Member

Surf-Mat and Davidtaylforth have at it…

It really isn't worth it…

Junkyard
    Free Member

was it staring at you and giving you the eyes

IGMC

Another stalker geek reveals himself

Personally I would have defended myself against the insults rather than call me a Geek but hey hard to defend the truth innit dude ..I know you know etc

cynic-al
    Free Member

Elfin/Fred

Just because it's a sexual assault does not justify "she did the only thing she knew guaranteed to stop him."

What if she had a gun rather than a glass?

You are too right-on for words, just like most male feminists.

BigDummy
    Free Member

Junkyard
    Free Member

elfin aint fred willing to bet on this ?
    PROOF
    Anyway, I'd like to drop this now. Wish I'd not mentioned it tbh.

When did our Lord ever drop anything and regret saying it?

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 244 total)

The topic ‘Street Fighters’ is closed to new replies.