Viewing 25 posts - 41 through 65 (of 65 total)
  • Stray kitten – what to do?
  • BristolPablo
    Free Member

the cats protection league will take it off you if you dont want it, they will neuter it and find it a home. if you do want to keep it, they will offer loads of advice. take it to the vet if you havent already done so as they will scan it for a chip though the CPL will do this too.

now bask in the karma and await your puncture free winter… 😉

eyerideit
    Free Member

orangina – Member
    Take it to the vets to get checked out and to be checked for a chip. If it’s not chipped keep it ! As was said before, cats are ace! The dog will be put in his place no probs.
    If you don’t want to keep it, bring it to a local cat shelter, they will look after it.

Just been to the Vets, There’s no chip, but she’s in good condition.

She’s an 8 week old female, not from a feral/stray litter as she’s very timid. That’s probably why she was follwing the ‘random guy’ around. The vet gave her some dry food and a carrier to transport her home in which she proceeded to crap all over.

So now we’ll put some posters up in the surrounding area and then see if we have any luck. If we don’t then CPL or a cat rescue place will have to be found. I went to return a parcel and a lady in the shop said she’d have her, so if we have no luck with the original owner or the shelters (the vet said they’re pretty full ATM) she’ll go to the lady.

We really can’t keep her, the dog would get use to her but Mrs Eye is preggers (20 weeks today 😀 ) so having a new kitten isn’t ideal.

Northwind

eyerideit – Member

We really can’t keep her, the dog would get use to her but Mrs Eye is preggers (20 weeks today ) so having a new kitten isn’t ideal.

Sounds perfect- you can test your parenting out on the kitten, and then once you know what kills it, don’t do that to the baby.

Might need more kittens tbh.

jools182
    Free Member

you’ve been well and truly duped

ericemel
    Free Member

Give the poor little blighter a home.

+1

mogrim

So where are you? (In case anyone off here wants a cat?)

Has your wife been tested for toxoplasmosis? (Perhaps overly personal question, but I guess it’s something you’ve already considered…)

Northwind

Yeah, don’t want to infect the cat.

eyerideit
    Free Member

She’s had her bloods done recently so I’m guessing they test for that type of thing but I’m not 100% sure. Also she’s not doing any poop duty – that’s down to me.

We’re in Leyton, East London If anyone’s interested in rehoming her.

jools182
    Free Member
    binners

What did you think they did? Worked in a soup kitchen, delivering to the homeless? They’re predators, like a lot of animals 🙄

eyerideit – if you weren’t at the other end of the country, we’d have happily rehoused her

hora
    Free Member

If you were close by I’d be very tempted to take her in.

footflaps

ours work in an office:

dazh

If you really can’t keep it, try the Cats Protection League, they might be able to help re-home it and possibly help with vets etc.

legend
    Free Member

Because STW loves LOL KITTEHS….

M6TTF
    Free Member

A new baby and a kitten is no bother at all IMO – we did just fine

avdave2

If it’s only a small kitten I’ve usually found a single brick adequate.

eyerideit
    Free Member

Binners,

I’m happy to post, I’ve got one of CRC’s magic boxes 🙂

*starts what courier for cats thread*

eyerideit
    Free Member

Daz: the vet gave me a url for catchat.org they list all the rescue centres in your area. I’ve been in touch with one in Chingford so she may be going there next week.

Had a walk round the are I found her and there aren’t any missing posters – so it looks like the poor thing was dumped. 😥

binners

If she’s staying with you for a week, I’d put money on her staying with you for good! 😉

JulianA
    Free Member

Blue Cross (if you MUST) – they NEVER put a healthy animal down.

MrsJA says we can’t – now where’s that thread about stealth purchases / acquisitions…

footflaps

Mrs flaps says two cats is enough, otherwise I’d be driving round tonight to pick her up…..

eyerideit
    Free Member

So after a week, Minnie (yes we named her) has gone. Mrs Eye’s friend has taken her to Cambridge where she’ll be living on a rather swanky Dutch barge.

She’ll be well looked after and we’ll see her every now and then.

Bye bye mini, I’ll miss you (won’t miss her climbing up my back when I’m wear a tshirt though). 😉

z1ppy

Ahhhh a happy ending 😀

Cougar

You normally pay extra for that.

Nice work, glad it all worked out.

footflaps

So after a week, Minnie (yes we named her) has gone. Mrs Eye’s friend has taken her to Cambridge where she’ll be living on a rather swanky Dutch barge.

I probably cycle past it on the way to work then….

Viewing 25 posts - 41 through 65 (of 65 total)

The topic ‘Stray kitten – what to do?’ is closed to new replies.