Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • STOLEN (Newcastle) – Specialized Hardrock, Disc, White/Red
  • mybikesgone
    Free Member

Stolen in Ashburton, Gosforth, Newcastle on 1 March 2012 – Specialized Hardrock, Disc, White/Red with Topeak Defender FX Bike Mudguards front and back.

Tonight I decided to visit my mate in his new flat on Ashburton Road, Gosforth Newcastle. I parked the bike up, chained it to the lampost outside of the Pharmacy and went indoors… two hours later at around 10:30pm I returned to find my cut lock lying on the floor and no bike 🙁

I use it for everything, dont have a car, and need a bike for work… I’ve only had it a few month and was in excellent condition. GUTTED to have my bike stolen for the third time now… no matter how good the lock is, they’ll take it if they want it.

Would appreciate it if anybody could help 😉

mybikesgone
    Free Member

bump

Swalsey
    Free Member

Sorry to hear this. If you used a chain (you said chained) then you really should look at D-locks. Chains and cables are generally very easy to cut through, it takes seconds.

mybikesgone
    Free Member

bump

njee20
    Free Member

Chains and cables are generally very easy to cut through, it takes seconds.

Depends. The Abus Granit chains are pretty tough (I’d have more faith in one than most D-locks), but they weigh a ton.

Sorry to hear about your bike – have you notified the local bike shops, Cash Converters etc?

mybikesgone
    Free Member

thanks njee20 – ive reported it just about everywhere – im desperate to get it back, but i didnt think about cash converters – thanks you! – ill get on that now!

jonba
    Free Member

I’ll put something up on Gosforth Road Club and midaircrisis for for you.

Jon

mybikesgone
    Free Member

wow thanks jonba! much appreciated! – sorry about the late reply – i havent been back here for a while!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘STOLEN (Newcastle) – Specialized Hardrock, Disc, White/Red’ is closed to new replies.