Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • STOLEN: 20" Orange Five – Newcastle
  • 20thebear
    Free Member

Just had my mountain bike stolen from Gosforth, Newcastle.

2008, 20" frame, in Apple Green, with a disco laquer.
    Wheels – Hope ProII hubs laced to ZTR 355's with Dt revolutions and alloy niples. All Black.
    Forks – Magura Thor – White
    Headset – FSA orbit Extreme pro.
    Stem and Bar – RF Atlas, and next 3/4.
    Brakes – Magura Louise BAT's with 180mm Marta SL rotors.
    FSA afterburner chainset, Xt cassette, and PC971 chain.
    Sram X9 shifters and rear mech, with an XTR front.
    Tune inline seatpost with a Green Prologo Vertigo Max saddle.
    Continental tyres.

Easy to recognise as it is big and green with a green saddle. Front brake lever is held on with 3 white zip ties.

Please let me know if you see it anywhere.

Thanks.

20thebear
    Free Member

Drac

I'll keep my eyes open.

warton
    Free Member

I'll keep my eyes peeled. The Charvas around me in Heaton have new bikes every week or so….

midgebait
    Free Member

In Gosforth too so will keep an eye out. Hope it turns up.

M.

toons
    Free Member

Also in Gosforth. We'll defo spot that if a chav is riding it!

Inform the LBS's; I was in The Bike place the other day and some lad came in with a twoc'd V10! Asking for a decal kit!!

nodrog2
    Free Member

Will keep a look out.

Police got the lad for the nicked v10, sadly they didn't get the bike though.

Pixie
    Free Member

Bastard Charvas. Bit further afield in Gateshead but i'll keep a lookout.
    Good luck!

toons
    Free Member

Pixie, how's the 5 spot going?

20thebear
    Free Member

Cheers guys.

unsponsored
    Free Member

Will keep a look out.

jonb
    Free Member

Also in gosforth and will keep my eyes out (and my bikes even more securely locked, I thought I'd moved to the upmarket bit of toon).

Post something on the Midaircrisis and beamish oddsocks forum as that'll get some more locals keeping their eyes open

20thebear
    Free Member

cheers jonb

soulrider
    Free Member

Am not totaly convinced Sharia law has a place in the UK
    but on theft it has a point.
    Chop their bloomin' hands off.

carbon337
    Free Member

Got my eyes peeled up here in Northumberland.

loddrik
    Free Member

From your garage or shed?

20thebear
    Free Member

From a mates garage on the side of his house. Has alarm on small back door, and is pretty secure to keep his motorbike. They came in through the main front doors, which are open onto the street.

20thebear
    Free Member

Just want to bump this up for evening STW viewers to see. Thanks for any help.

I have remembered it has an orange "pedal damm it" sticker on the top tube, behind the headset.

MtbRoutes

My eyes are peeled.

Three_Fish
    Free Member

The Charvas around me in Heaton have new bikes every week or so…

Last summer I was offered a Zoo trials bike, worth around £1K, for £80 from those gentlemen.

I'll keep my eyes open for it, but would suggest that you get a couple of shots printed off and drop into the main Newcastle shops and let them know it's been pinched.

angryratio
    Free Member

bastards.
    I'm down the coast on the newcastle side of the tyne…
    I'll keep my eyes open.

Xylene
    Free Member

I'll keep an eye out and an ear to the ground.

There was a shop in Wallsend that traded in 'second hand' bikes, but he appears to have closed down again. Not sure if that was a forced closure or not.

20thebear
    Free Member

I've emailed steels, cycological, ride and the bike place. Put info on midair crisis, retrobike, lfss and bike radar. Don't think I can do more. Mate tells me it will be split into bits. What an arse

Xylene
    Free Member

Mate tells me it will be split into bits. What an arse

Most likely, there has been someone on Gumtree Newcastle recently moving a lot of parts.

Is the frame chipped or not?

richardgiant
    Free Member

i'll keep my eyes opened too. it was beautifull. good luck

20thebear
    Free Member

Frame is not chipped. Thanks for your help guys

4ndyB
    Free Member

Hope it turns up, I know what it's like to have a bike go AWOL, my '06 5 is still MIA

I'll keep an eye out for ya too, I'm not local to you but I do know that not all high end bikes get stripped for parts, some get sold as is, even on eBay/Gumtree etc…

20thebear
    Free Member

A week on I thought I'd pop this up again to jog peoples memory and to see if anyone has seen any 20" frames come up for sale.

Cheers

cycleworlduk
    Free Member

have you put some google alerts on? i did it when the the shop got scammed a while back…i found everything on ebay….bought and sold,nowt i could do about it…very frustrating! 😈

20thebear
    Free Member

Anyone in Newcastle lost a Santa Cruz? Police found one in a Blakelaw loft the other day. Shame my bike was not with it.

Xylene
    Free Member

Anyone in Newcastle lost a Santa Cruz? Police found one in a Blakelaw loft the other day. Shame my bike was not with it.

Someone knew what they were doing there then, sitting on it until it was off the register. As far as I know it's 3 months, but might be wrong on that.

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)

The topic ‘STOLEN: 20" Orange Five – Newcastle’ is closed to new replies.