Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Stirlingshire folks
  • Resin42
    Free Member

Has anyone noticed if there’s snow on the top of Dumyat or the rest of the Ochils on your travels? Planning a trip there tomorrow.

Cheers

BoardinBob

I’ll be bringing the thermals just in case!

martymac

im in dunfermline, and theres only the lightest dusting here, cant see the ochils from my house, but theres nowt up knockhill, which i can see.
    when i say ‘light dusting’, i really do mean light, theres so little its practically nothing.
    the duck pond accross from me remains frozen however, despite getting the sun all day.

a11y

Very very light dusting on the Yat last night – almost non-existant but enough to see earlier tyre tracks (the trails as low down as the uni were the same). The higher Ochils further east have a dusting too but not that much (that was this morning on the commute in – I can’t see them from work so might have changed since then).

j_me
    Free Member

Handy webcam for you to check before heading up. Expect it to be frozen solid.

Clicky

a11y

Damn I love that view: it was responsible for many hours of non-study whilst admiring the view from the uni library…

Resin42
    Free Member

Very useful link j_me, thanks for that.

And everyone else of course 🙂

j_me
    Free Member

I’m not in the office today but it has a pretty cracking view of the ochils.

Resin – no worries have a good one, going could be a little firm 🙂

DickBarton

Nope hardly any snow on the front of the Ochils (if you are Stirling-based) – there is more snow to the East by Ben Cleuch but a lot of the snow has gone – likely to be frozen solid underfoot though but virtually no snow.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Stirlingshire folks’ is closed to new replies.