Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Stans Olympic rims + rimstrip/tape questions
  • sslowpace
    Free Member

Just rebuilt my wheels with olympic rims.
    Is anybody running these rims with just the tape and Nobby nic/ RR tyres or do i have to use the rim strips to seal them properly?

Cheers

rolfharris
    Free Member

I've always used my olympics with a ghetto tubeless style set up because I find it seats better than rimstrips.

racing_ralph
    Free Member

what tyres my old FRUIT?

njee20
    Free Member

It's harder to inflate tyres with just the yellow tape, some tyres can be quite baggy and hard to inflate, this can often be solved with a couple of extra turns of tape. The rim strips make inflating the tyres much much easier, but it makes no difference once they're inflated.

Having had rim strips and gone to yellow tape I'll probably go back to using rim strips, it's more practical if you change tyres regularly.

MisterT

I think it does depend on which size tyres you are using.. i.e. the narrower ones might get away with it, but from experiance I'd suggest the 2.25" won't seal properly without the rim strip (sloppy beading)

hen got mine built up from JRA and they strongly advised using the rim strip and not just the tape.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Stans Olympic rims + rimstrip/tape questions’ is closed to new replies.