• This topic has 67 replies, 29 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by DD.
Viewing 28 posts - 41 through 68 (of 68 total)
  • SSWC2011 registration is open today
  • Candodavid
    Free Member

i’m in, gonna have a holiday whilst i’m there, never been before.

flatfish
    Free Member

Too dear for me i’m afraid, I’m out.

firestarter
    Free Member

So close yet so far. Might opt for the euros instead and I used to live in Belgium so its a bit easier to sort too

Blackhound

If people don’t fancy the train and ferry to Dublin or Rosslare then look at fly/drive. Again, usually cheaper than the ferry ( it is the summer holidays and BH in the UK) and split the cost of the car.

tollah
    Free Member

Too dear for me i’m afraid, I’m out.

You’ll probably get lost on the way anyhoo 😉

BigTed
    Free Member

Finally managed success and although far from technically minded think it may have been due to the browser I was using as after 20+ unsuccessful tries I switched to another and had instant success. No idea what I used though. Which doesn’t exactly help anyone else in the same situation, so a pointless post (again).

Perhaps a little bit more focused, happy to share ferry/travel costs for anyone coming from around Herefordshire (so SW, South Wales, West Midlands I guess). I have a car that could squeeze in two bikes (including mine) if that helps at all.

Keef
    Free Member

Hey Blackhound,aren’t you the same ‘blachound'(kev) that used to ride with us on a thursdee night over t’chase ?

flatfish
    Free Member

You’ll probably get lost on the way anyhoo

Well I certainly wasn’t going to follow you! 😉

markenduro
    Free Member

Looks like I’m. Will probably make it my main holiday for 2011 but there are at least 3 of us going from the Derby area that I know of so might see what can be done re. car/ferry share etc.

tollah
    Free Member

Well I certainly wasn’t going to follow you!

😉

stills8tannorm
    Free Member

Norm no mates here, shall be riding to Rosslare, onto ferry then across Ireland. I recall me and bike about £60 return … I’m almost excited*

* Believe me, this is not usual.

Blackhound

Keith, yes its me, still around but not been getting to Cannock on a Thursday night for a couple of years now. See you for a beer in Ballyhoura!

Keef
    Free Member

Defo mate !

(don’t do thursdee’s myself now a days) mail me for more info…. 😉

Chainline
    Free Member

Cripes, even I’m in, what next!!

epicyclo

If enough of us got together we could charter a bus.

firestarter
    Free Member

Epi good idea 😉

tazzymtb

if we can get enough of those trailgator bars that join bikes together we could all ride in one gimassiveenormoussinglespeedybeardedcongadom. Pile all the bikes into a car space on the ferry and each pay about one pound and fifty new english pennies 😀

JohnClimber
    Free Member

I’m in and looking forward to the Guinness and Leprechauns.

daveells
    Free Member

aah go on go on go on go on go go on go on
    go on then, we’re in too 😀

trio25
    Free Member

Entered, now to work out how I can afford to get there…riding sounds a good option!

anotherstan
    Free Member

@ firestarter, have a look at the coach/ ferry deals from stenna. you can get picked up in leeds on a bus eireann coach, then straight onto the ferry at holyhead, then coach takes you from dublin port to train station/ city centre.

all for £62 (if you book 5 days in advance) afaik end of august is not a bh in ireland, so fares shouldn’t change that much.

all this obviously depends on you owning a bike bag, and sorting a train from dub to ballyhoura (charleville will be your closest train station, about 12-14 miles from the trails)

i’m going from leeds, but i’ll have a car full of family who will be staying at my parents in tipp whilst i come last in the race, err … i mean ‘event’ 🙂
    if my car becomes empty (divorce or otherwise) i’ll give you a shout 🙂

DD
    Free Member

Has anybody managed to get a ferry inc two people and a van for less than £300 – Jeez I may have to re-think this one

GregMay
    Free Member

£300 blips for a ferry is expensive, i normally pay about €240 going from Irl to UK and back with car and 2 people!

Fly and rent probably wont work out cheaper mind you…

You could cycle onto the ferry…then train down…

I’ll be heading down so looking forward to handing out abuse to everyone. And if people want to get some riding in Dublin/Wicklow before or after feel free to hook up for a ride or 12

DD
    Free Member

Is camping included in the entry of is that extra ❓

thepodge
    Free Member

extra

postierich
    Free Member

Best not be an extra!!!!

thepodge
    Free Member

I never saw anything to say it was included. Socks yes, Shorts yes, but no camping

DD
    Free Member

This is turning out to be well shonky 🙁

Viewing 28 posts - 41 through 68 (of 68 total)

The topic ‘SSWC2011 registration is open today’ is closed to new replies.