Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • SSWC lift wanted
  • flashes
    Free Member

Hi

We’re planning a trip to the SSWC in Ireland and could do with meeting up with someone with a bigger car / van that can offer lift to the race and back for 2 plus 2 bikes. Happy to split ferry / fuel costs. We’re coming from Bristol, so ideally anyone heading out from Fishguard or Swansea would be perfect….
    Cheers

tazzymtb

don’t forget money for the tent, extra money per person per tent and anything else they can rinse out of you. It’s getting very bloomin expensive for what is basically a bit of a ride with a big booze up. 😥

rapiddescent

has anyone actually paid for the campsite yet? they got back to me with a price and were looking for a 20% deposit – but no way of paying it…

tazzymtb

TBH there’s quite a few folk I know who have places, but are now thinking about giving it a miss.

From talking to folks who went it’s mad to think that’s it’s massively cheaper to drive and get the ferry to Belgium to ride at the European champs than it is to nip over to southern Ireland for a weekend drinking with a bit of attention whoring thrown in.

flashes
    Free Member

I am one of those who’ve paid but am having second thoughts. SSEC was very good value, well apart from the “meal” on Friday, but everything else was brill..

uplink
    Free Member

A bunch of my mates [5] have pulled out due to the costs involved & they were all going in one van

Ringo
    Free Member

All my mates have bailed on me, butt ssec was so good I don’t wanna miss this. I shall be getting ferry to cork arriving Thursday morning and then riding to the event. Anyone would be welcome to join me. As for the camping malarkey I don’t know prices but am always willing to find an angle to keep costs down 😉

TheSwede
    Free Member

Well there will be one less gay cowboy there.

tazzymtb

what we need is to organise an alternative SSWC with huge volumes of booze and a cheap old campsite somewhere lovely wiv big mountains an ting and then ride a bit and get totally FUBAR. At least that’s the the plan we’re working on as there are another 4 (myself included going to give it as miss and wait excitedly for the UK champs)

rapiddescent

sometimes it’s worth going somewhere else and riding. and I’m not just saying that because I’ve already booked the ferry (ouch) for my van!!

plenty of time to save up before august.

thepodge
    Free Member

a mate of mine is getting the train and going as a foot passenger on the ferry then gonna hire a car for the Ireland bit, it works out a lot cheaper

flashes
    Free Member

Lift still wanted………..

tollah
    Free Member

Why compare Ireland’s ferry costs with Europe/France? France is a lot closer therefore a lot cheaper.
    We had a quote for camping 3 months back so decided to book a house, works out at £35 each for 4 nights plus Ferry split 4 ways =£135 total to get there and sleep. Oh plus a splash of fuel.
    If the alternative sswc is a different weekend I’d be up for that too 😉

Edit. Flashes try connecting Big Ted from here, he may be looking for lift sharing too.

flashes
    Free Member

I was in touch with Big Ted before but we still need a big car / van

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘SSWC lift wanted’ is closed to new replies.