Viewing 23 posts - 41 through 63 (of 63 total)
  • SSUK 2011 That was fun
  • pop-larkin
    Free Member

After sharing a car journey back up north with the tazmeister I would warn anyone thinking of getting too close to his ring!

thekingofsweden

Like they all said good times all around 🙂
    Thanks to the team for a great event
    Great to see old friends and meet some new ones too.

I am pretty sure it was Jeff on the hecklar phone into the night !
    Made me laugh too

ssjeff
    Free Member

Glad you liked the heckling.

robdeanhove
    Free Member

A great event, a grand day out and it’s worth highlighting some great marshalling around the course, some of the best I’ve had the pleasure to be shouted around a course by all year, helped to make the climbing extra leg burning and smile inducing

Well done to all involved, particularly to Aidan for leading the charge in organising it

A few more words on my fun day out on my blog HERE

Thanks again everyone 🙂

ThurmanMerman
    Free Member

Awesome stuff again – hugely enjoyable. Thanks to Aidan et al.

barrykellett
    Free Member

So SSUK, SSWC etc etc… it is traditional to get blitzed, have your bike moved at the start line, only ride a wee bit of it and spend the rest having the craic and so on? I did SSWC2011 and it was great fun.

But they aren’t really races as such.

So my question is, are there any proper Singlespeed XC style races?

thomthumb
    Free Member

normal xc race. single speed category?

ssjeff
    Free Member

But they aren’t really races as such.

You don’t have to drink etc. They guys that won are very quick and try hard and have a beer.

stuntjumper
    Free Member

MINT event as per usual!Aidan and all the team did a top job!!!!

Rummor has it taz is currently brewing a home made absinthe for next years event!! 😯

Midlands would be a good option for next years SSUK. 🙂

MrSparkle

I went with my lad and a mate and we had a great time (as per). Nice to see some familiar faces (tollah, Charlie, Ringo, er Jeff et al) and meet some new people such as the lad who came over from Hungary and Fil, the Belgian Singular distributor. Oh, and it was very nice to finally meet Teetosugars after all this time. What a top bloke!
    I’m glad we got chance to ride the course on Friday when it was dry and sunny. It really was a joy to ride.
    Despite the rain ‘n mud the course was still fun to ride just, er, different.
    Sitting round the camp fire of an evening and yapping with a few bevvies was great. Only bummer was the Tandem of Doom snuffing it as soon as we got there. Hard to believe, eh…
    Roll on SSUK 2012 (and indeed SSEC 2012)!

ssjeff
    Free Member

Great to meet you too MrSparkle.

markenduro
    Free Member

Great weekend, Well done to Aidan and the crew for organising, loved the fact we could have proper camp fires on the site. A few photos here, as taken by Joe, my mates lad. Good to meet up with some of the usual crowd and it will be great if it is up this way next year.

P1010273 by markenduro, on Flickr

MrSparkle

Great to meet you too MrSparkle.

I love you Jeff

tazzymtb

No homebrew absinthe next year, I shall be offering free cocktails to all silly enough to trust their livers to me. You will get a cherry a parasol and a monkey on a stick though

markenduro
    Free Member

Can I have the monkey on Friday? It can do the ride for me, it’ll probably do a better job than I managed this year….

MrSparkle

Some pics by the Hungarian lad Nagy: http://indafoto.hu/kimura/ssuk

psling
    Free Member

First chance for me to post my thoughts on the event. Got to the site early to meet Aiden seemingly working alone, met Filip from Belgium who helped me set up camp and share a couple of bottles of Maredsous, soon to be joined by Sam (Singular) who after setting up his camp appeared to be part of the organising team as he set about fetching, carrying, setting up tirelessly with Aiden. The young Hungarian lad turned up, festival tent bouncing on his back after riding/train/riding all the way from Hungary 😯 , old friends arrived to set up camp, the beer came out, the absinthe appeared, the fires were lit, good times.
    Saturday a.m. it pi55ed down, the course was just a wee bit slippery, the ‘feed station’ was, ahem, busy, the heckling on the final climb top notch, the prize-giving fun, were those grins or grimaces on the rollapalluza? Fires lit again, cheeseboards appeared, darkness, sleep.
    Many thanks to Aiden and his team, fantastic site, thoroughly enjoyable weekend with friends old and new (sounds a familiar sentiment to these events 😀 )

mtbmatt
    Free Member

Sounds like it was a great event, well done Aidan. I know how much hard work goes into organising it, but it all makes it worth it when people have a good time.

oxym0r0n

swisstim – any chance of a high-res email of the first picture in your sequence please (blue bike hanging from the tree)? It is mine BTW I’m not just being wierd 😛

Thanks

Napalm
    Free Member

Swisstim – good to meet you on Saturday, hope to see you at another one.

swisstim
    Free Member

oxym0r0n…apologies, been on holiday in cornwall making the most of the late summer. high res version is now avalible to download from the gallery. few extra shots up there as well.

good to meet you to Napalm, hopefully next time we meet I will be on a bike rather than wandering around!

big_n_daft
    Free Member

I think the organiser now has a hangover

SSUK and the elephants

ssjeff
    Free Member

Think thats already been covered 🙂

Well done Aiden and his merry band of helpers xx

Viewing 23 posts - 41 through 63 (of 63 total)

The topic ‘SSUK 2011 That was fun’ is closed to new replies.