Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • S/S specific Steel road frame: Suggestions?
  • nickegg
    Free Member

I’m having trouble finding a suitable steel road frame for my new commuter build.

Looking for something with S/S specific dropouts, no cable stops except for brake cables and it must have mudguard eyelets.

Will be using a Sturmey Archer 2 speed kickback hub (Non-coaster type) for something a little different.

Anyone got any suggestions?

aa
    Free Member

Genesis Flyer perhaps

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Have a look here??

Tokyo Fixed…

TiRed

kona grand waggon frame from crc. cant believe im suggesting this as i want one! About £350, which is a bargain. they have cheaper paddy wagon frames too. And yes they will take guards and a rack of some form.

bikewhisperer
    Free Member

Genesis Flyer is something odd on the rear hub spacing. 130 or 135… Not 120 anyway.
    I just got an on-one pompino.. Heavy, cheap, klunky, stiff as a board and lots of fun. Also going to have a sturmey 3spd hub when I get round to servicing it.

EDIT.. actually, looking at it, the flyer might be 120.. They did do one that was 135 ss/fixed before.

fenboy

traitor luggernaut… has braze ons for a sturmey archer 3 spd and guards. SS horizontal dropouts

cruzer
    Free Member

Genesis flyer all the way, absolutely loved mine. the rear spacing is 120mm so you wont have a problem with wheels 😀

Bregante

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘S/S specific Steel road frame: Suggestions?’ is closed to new replies.