• This topic has 12 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by aP.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Speeding Fines/Points & Car Insurance
  • heebyjeeby

What impact do they have on insurance….?
    Forgot for the last 3 years to advise Admiral of penalty points and now they are wanting to back charge me now that I have found a better deal and accidentally declared my driving transgression to them when going to cancel the existing policy 😳
    Are they diddling me?

4ndyB
    Free Member

No they are not ‘diddling’ you

Points affect premiums, so they’re just getting back what they’re owed from what you forgot to tell them

neilnevill
    Free Member

I’ve had 3 points a couple of times….makes F all difference, but you do need to tell them.

heebyjeeby

Twas an honest oversight on my part not a deliberate attempt to fraud them…..just annoyed now at being backcharged.
    Kicking myself as things tight enough just now 😥

winston_dog
    Free Member

I wouldn’t pay them.
    Yes, points affect premiums but the fact you hadn’t declared them would mean you were in breach of contract and were not insured. If you had tried to claim they would not have paid out.
    Are they refusing to give you proof of no claims? Then it might be worthwhile paying up.
    Admiral are a bunch of ar4eholes, I have had problems with both them and their sister company Elephant.
    Another thing to remember is that it would not show on your credit record if they claimed they owed money, insurance companies don’t go on the database.

DaveGr
    Free Member

Depends on the insurer. Some will load the premium when you have any number of points, some won’t. You didn’t disclose a material fact so I’m afraid you’ll have to pay up. Edit: though I don’t know what will happen if you refuse !!!

Neil-F
    Free Member

How many points are we talking here?
    If its only three points then the amount would/should be minimal. I’m presuming you have a renewal letter indicating your no claims period, otherwise it might be worthwhile paying up, depending how much no claims you would stand to lose.

br
    Free Member

How much do they actually want?

Then go from there.

uponthedowns
    Free Member

What are they going to do if you refuse to pay? Retrospectively not insure you for the last three years? I’d only pay up if they were refusing to give me proof of no claims.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

How do you forget to tell your insurer about points for 3 years!????

dan1980
    Free Member

I wonder if your previous insurer could say that because you didn’t declared your points, you were in breach of contract, and therefore not technically insured for the duration of your apparent insurance with them?

Basil

3 points for answering mobile.
    £190 increase with Elephant.

aP
    Free Member

I’d imagine that they’ll call it fraud and put your details on the industry-wide database as such whatever you do, making it significantly harder for you to get insurance in the future. And ask for their missing money as well.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Speeding Fines/Points & Car Insurance’ is closed to new replies.