Viewing 3 posts - 41 through 43 (of 43 total)
  • South Downs Way Randonee – Countdown – Sat 27th June
  • Rockape63
    Free Member

Well, me and my three Pals at an average age of 50+ left Winchester at 7am and finally rolled into Eastbourne just before 9pm. I think we enjoyed it! The hills were relentless…….I think the fact that the furthest we had ridden in training was 40 miles didn’t help, but the weather, the energy bars, gels and the amazing views sustained us to the end! Two days later and I’m still 6lbs lighter!

I have a few pics but can’t work out how to post them?

hazeii
    Free Member

To post pics, first you need to put them online somewhere else (e.g. on a personal website, or on a photo hosting service that allows linking) and click the IMG button and cut’n’paste the address in between the tags.

And blimey, well done! Leaping for 40 miles training to 100+ on the day can’t have been easy.

Paceman
    Free Member

Hazeii

landing in the barley field was pure luck, my front wheel went as the tyre slipped off the rim and I just turned the wheel towards the softest thing I could see! Fortunately I was on the field side edge of the trail or I would have hit the hard flinty chalk otherwise 🙁

Well done Rockape by the way!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
Viewing 3 posts - 41 through 43 (of 43 total)

The topic ‘South Downs Way Randonee – Countdown – Sat 27th June’ is closed to new replies.