Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • so, which carriers do we trust?
  • Onzadog
    Free Member

Need to send a front hub without breaking the bank. Who do we trust to do it?

dave_rudabar
    Free Member

http://www.parcel2go.com and choose your flavour

Onzadog
    Free Member

That was a go to option, just wondered if there was anyone else worth considering.

disco_stu
    Free Member

Small items i’d go with Royal Mail, for parcels I’ve been really happy with Collect+. I’ve sent out some old laptops recently and they have been sent with no problems

wwaswas

Small items i’d go with Royal Mail

unless ‘front hub’ is now classed as dangerous goods in their “well if you squint and it looks like a hand grenade we bin it sell it for a profit” exclusion clause.

stavromuller
    Free Member

I’ve been using My Hermes for over a year nad they’ve been pretty good so far. One parcel went missing but a phone call sorted it out [/url]

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

I’ve been using My Hermes

Have to admit, I’d only use them for undamageable items of no value where certainty of delivery was not a concern.

But, that’s my sample size of 6 parcels (in one go), where 3 of them arrived either broken, not at all, or at the wrong address.

cloudnine
    Free Member

Collect plus and myherpes definitely not.
    Interlink express and dpd are ace. 1hr time slot for delivery and even track the drivers location.

LoCo
    Free Member

We use TNT for everything now, apart from seal kits etc.

winston_dog
    Free Member

I use Parcelforce via the Send it now website

I know it’s Royal Mail but they should be OK with a front hub!

john_drummer
    Free Member

My Hermes earlier:

sorry, couldn’t resist 😉

munrobiker
    Free Member

Hermes are worse than royal mail- I posted about 10 items with them in the summer and received about 3 over the year. 2 of the things I posted were damaged, one lost, one if the ones I received was smashed to pieces and the others left outside our house in full view for scallywags to have away with. Avoid them at all costs, they will end up costing far more than you will save in the long run.

andyl
    Free Member

Fingers crossed as I have 2 presents on the way up north with them but also have not had any problems with Hermes. Am watching the tracking on them like a hawk and am worried that they are still at the local depot. But I have to admit their online site is good and the other day I was able to speak to a real person very quickly.

Last year we used TNT to ship a load of food over to Dads and they were fantastic, booked in the morning, picked up that afternoon and delivered the next day.

I refuse to use Yodel, they are in the process of messing up another delivery as we speak and after all the price increases and this rear shock thing RM are a last resort for me now.

Mum used DHL the other day who texted me to ask if I wanted to pick up my parcel from Staples instead. Worked out better for me as I was in work so did just that and no problems there.

We ordered some animal feeds to be delivered by DPD last week and were kept up to date with text messages and instead of delivering on the monday they delivered on the saturday – after letting us know and checking by text and they left the package exactly where we asked them.

UPS also very good and the driver always brings dog treats.

Our old RM postie was fantastic, one of the reasons I miss living where we used to. The rest of the organisation is a bit….

cozz
    Free Member

never use hermes

they are rubbish, cheap because they just pay people with a spare car to deliver stuff, drivers ive had shamble up, un uniformed with a parcel wondering about work,

I use UK mail at work for despatch – sending over 400 parcels out this month, had queries on 2 of them, one was my fault for bodging address

there is no best company, you will always rely on the local driver the other end

trailofdestruction
    Free Member

For the record, I have sent dozens and dozens of parcels, from gear cables to entire bikes worth 1K with RM and Parcelforce.

Never had a problem. Not one. Don’t have one bad word to say about the RM.

DPD delivered a parcel the other day, and they were great too. Loads of communication which was fantastic.

I would not use Yodel if they were the last courier left on earth. It would be easier to do it yourself.

My 2p.

Milkie
    Free Member

Over a year we send out 1000’s of parcels. In the last 6 years we have used Fedex, ParcelForce & UPS. Parcelforce were the worst, lost a few big heavy packages. UPS have been great.

Yodel/MyHermes are the worst, never on time, always someone delivering in a car/unmarked van.

breatheeasy
    Free Member

Had an interesting conversation with my Yodel delivery man a couple of weeks ago.

“Hi there, looks like you’ve left a card saying I was out when you called”

“Yes, I can try to redeliver tomorrow”

“No, I’m out again at work all week. How about Saturday?”

“Sorry, don’t deliver on Saturday”

“Deliver it later on when the missus gets back from school run?”

“Nope, only do your area at 14:00”

“Can I come and collect it then”

“No, I don’t tell people my address”

“So, erm, exactly when / how am I going to get my parcel?”

“Erm, dunno. Could return it to the sender I suppose”

And deep breaths…..

aracer
    Free Member

For the record I’ve been using MyHermes for ebay sales since PF got a lot more expensive for larger parcels – sent an Islabikes Rothan with them last week. Have sent at least 10 parcels using them and not had a problem. Then again I don’t have a problem with people delivering parcels using their car provided they get delivered OK – for sure if they don’t deliver properly it’s an issue, but I’m failing to see how somebody using their own car is an issue in itself.

cozz
    Free Member

its not the fact that they use their own car, its that they are just amateur, their attitude, and often appearance, delivering to me at a work premises

most couriers will come up into the shop, hernmes tend to amble about, not knowing where to go, asking customers to sign for stuff, and generally being clueless, not shutting gates etc etc, thats why they are cheap,

lunge

Just thought I would share experience with myHermes experience today. They decided to delivery my parcel when I was out and leave it in the black bin outside my house the same black bin that was due to to emptied as it was bin day. So I now have a delivery note and an empty bin. Brilliant.

zippykona

Doctor doctor, I’ve got Hermes.
    Don’t you mean Herpes?
    No, I’m a carrier.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘so, which carriers do we trust?’ is closed to new replies.