Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 79 total)
  • So how was your Valentines day?
  • ir_bandito
    Free Member

I went for a run on my own then spent the evening catching up on Ski Sunday whilst eating the teas I’d cooked myself, sitting on my own on the sofa. Then switched the computer on to do an hour or 2’s work until midnight.

But I don’t care cos on monday my missus had her 12-wk scan 🙂

michaelmcc
    Free Member

Mine was pretty rubbish. Thought i had two dates lined up but ended up not having any 🙁 .

thegreatape
    Free Member

Not as planned

Nick

I rode the new love of my life into the night

Bregante

Working. I had planned to be home early (around 8.00pm). Finished at one this morning. 🙁

Good job I have an understanding wife.

motivforz
    Free Member

I thought my gf and I had an understanding. I thought we didn’t do anything for valentines day because it’s a crock of sh… and our anniversary is a couple of days before, which we celebrate properly.

I was wrong. We had an understanding, I just didn’t understand it. 🙂

Mantastic
    Free Member

We don’t bother, I put slime in my tyres and tried to work out who a digital air gauge works(still unsuccessful so now assuming its broken) while she watched some crap on the TV.

Rather invest time and money celebrating wedding anniversary

jon1973
    Free Member

Cooked a nice meal, bottle of wine, early night. Don’t buy in to the big romantic gestures, like a dozen red roses, card etc. Don’t see the point.

senorj

on monday my missus had her 12-wk scan

nice one. we’re at 16 weeks today.!!!

philconsequence
    Free Member

meh, she didnt even eat the 5 nearly out of date cadburys creme eggs i bought her from the 99p shop.

binners

And they say romance is dead?

willard

Shit.

Started off badly with my wife not having time or inclination to open the card I had made for her. Got worse when my attempt at nice food was rejected with “I’m not hungry”. She then got stuck into a bottle of wine and phoned her parents and sister and I sat like a lemon on my own in the lounge.

I ended up opening her card up for her and reading her what I had written. She didn’t give much of a toss about it, so I ripped it up, stuffed it in her wine glass and went to walk the dogs. By the time I had got back, she was in bed.

She’s still in a bad mood with me.

Happy days. Now really looking forward to AFG.

flippinheckler
    Free Member

Great, Bottle of Old Pulteney some chocolates & then Mrs FH goes out to yoga and a drink with her mate, do a peaceful night in with a few snifters, bliss!

dirtygirlonabike
    Free Member

Twas good. The bf and I set the turbo up and did a new sufferfest dvd, sweated buckets (really must buy a fan) but felt great/strong. 🙂

lol @ motivforz

Milkie
    Free Member

Broke my little toe.. Luckily I was only in A&E for 5 minutes, as I’d already straightened my toe!

So pretty shit day! Yes it **** hurts! 😉

LadyGresley
    Free Member

Was it Valentine’s day yesterday? I didn’t notice.

trickydisco
    Free Member

Whisked awsy my GF in my campervan to a nearby lake (well i say lake, it’s a reservoir south of bristol)

Cooked up some lovely cuisine, cracked open a bottle of wine, flowers and pulled a desert out of the fridge

She was pretty impressed 🙂

Sue_W
    Free Member

Great!

Got into work to find a pink parcel waiting on my desk … Opened it to find a rather lovely new Gore pink and black cycling jersey and Gore mtb shorts. Fantastic! (Plus many thanks to the usual great service from minxgirl.com)

Rather than the media manufactured stereotype, I’d far rather buy what I want for Valentines Day than wait for some guy* to send me flowers 🙂

* fortunately current ‘we’re not really dating’ guy has a similar view about Valentine’s Day, plus by now he has already got me so many flowers I have run out of vases to put them in …

DGOAB – great way to get sweaty with your OH on Valentine’s Day!

Grizla
    Free Member

willard I don’t know you, but i know you deserve better.

finbar
    Free Member

Willard that sounds like something out of a Mike Leigh film 🙁 .

Makes me feel better about my lousy Valentine’s Day on my own though.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Willard – that is shit, really shit.

🙁

For me – got home in time to sit with my little girls for 30 minutes then put them to bed with a book whilst my wife heated up a Chinese Banquet for four (from Sainsbury’s) and then sat down at the dinner table for once and ate it all between the two of us then washed it down with half a bottle of red that she bought for me.

I bought her a card and some handmade cupcakes (that we ate after the Chinese).

Then fell into bed and fell asleep in the same motion.

Edric64
    Free Member

I got dumped the day before having already given flowers and a necklace and booked the train tickets to London for a meal so mine was totally crap

aracer
    Free Member

pulled a desert out of the fridge

That’s a good trick when you’re at a lake.

I had low expectations, so wasn’t disappointed.

JonEdwards
    Free Member

Non-existant. I’m working from home, she’s up working in Scotland. 5 minute catch up at 10.30 last night.

emsz
    Free Member

I got sweaty “the other way” just got back, need shower, I ming 😯

Nice evening with the gf, cooked, chatted…errr, some other stuff 😳

Willard that is poo, hope she apologises

binners

Willard – I gather you won’t bother making the effort again?

We’re moving house this week. Initially We’d planned to go out and have poncey cocktails, but ended up nackered and mucky after all the packing.

So we collapsed on the sofa, had the chicken chasseur I’d had cooking in the slow cooker all day, washed down with some fizz. Then sat surrounded by boxes, while gawping unbelievably at My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding on 4

Twas actually very nice

binners

pulled a desert out of the fridge

If that isn’t already a euphemism for something, it should be! 😆

willard

To be honest, there’s a lot of bad air between the two of us right now, and it’s not all her fault. She’s also under a lot of emotional strain thanks to some other issues, which accounts for some of it.

It’s not going to stop me trying though. I’m even going to tape the card back together at lunchtime in the hope that she notices and reads it herself (and takes in what I wrote).

You have to keep trying.

Still trying to work out what kind of desert would fit in a fridge…

passtherizla
    Free Member

Willard, Good on you dude, if you love her then its worth it.

I had a lovely night with my lady and our son (who was being naughty and not sleeping)

Pork steak, dauphinoise pots, pepper sauce and green veg, followed by home made coconut cookies…

severe lack of any nookie though… bloody decorators.

treaclesponge
    Free Member

Didnt really go as planned, got home at 6:30, in curry house by 7:30, back at work by 8:30 until 3am this morning. She was fairly understanding given that dinner turned into a takeaway for one.

That said, after reading some of the above, especially Willard, I feel mine was a dramatic success…

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

severe lack of any nookie though… bloody decorators.

I thought you just put sheets down if the decorators are in?

passtherizla
    Free Member

Valentines day deserves more than that… 😉 the Hannabal Lector isn’t a good look for me.

user-removed
    Free Member

The Lady in Black, Dominoes Pizzas, Big Fat Gypsy Wedding + red wine, bed. Very conventional at chez-removed this year.

Willard and Edric64 – sorry to hear those tales of woe – hope your lots improve quicksmart.

doof_doof
    Free Member

Not bad. Watched the wife crawling around on the floor with an empty wine bottle in her hand screaming Adele lyrics at the cat.

lunge

Up for work at 6am so didn’t get to see Mrs Lunge in the morning.
    A day in meeting on the south coast so didn’t get to speak to her, the last one finished at 5:30pm.
    3 1/2 hour journey back to the midlands via. the Chinese takeaway so I didn’t get home until 9pm and I was so tired I could barely keep my eyes open.
    Had said takeaway on the sofa and passed out by 10pm.

Frankly, I’ve had better and we are going to have a “proper” day on Thursday as I am off work.

Thankfully Mrs Lunge is an understanding type.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Not bad. Watched the wife crawling around on the floor with an empty wine bottle in her hand screaming Adele lyrics at the cat.

You shouldn’t laugh but…

😆

morgs
    Free Member

went over to the GF’s (lives with her parents) and me and her + the parents sat down to a full 3 courses of M&S ‘2 for £20’ gastro-genius.

Then came out the ‘how well do you know your partner game’. Let’s just say her mum shocked me to the point of going red. Very red. 😯

morgs
    Free Member

went over to the GF’s (lives with her parents) and me and her + the parents sat down to a full 3 courses of M&S ‘2 for £20’ gastro-genius.

Then came out the ‘how well do you know your partner game’. Let’s just say her mum shocked me to the point of going red. Very red. 😯

mamadirt
    Free Member

It’s not going to stop me trying though. I’m even going to tape the card back together at lunchtime in the hope that she notices and reads it herself (and takes in what I wrote).

Aww Willard, really hope it works out for you.

Mine started off great – nice parcel delivered at lunchtime (new resto d/h project), spent the afternoon cleaning it up and then things went downhill (pun intended) very fast. Managed to cook a nice Valentines tea but spent the evening discovering crack after crack (no, that’s not a euphemism 😥 ) and went to bed later in tears. Sorry papadirt 😥 (the man’s a star xxx)

PJM1974
    Free Member

Poor Willard…

Mine was okay. Twenty mile cycle commute followed by a long, hot shower and me and MrsPJM snuggled up in bed to watch Sirens on 4 on Demand, sharing a box of expensive fudge that she’d bought me yesterday. 🙂

It would have been much better had grandma and the kids sodded off out for a few hours.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 79 total)

The topic ‘So how was your Valentines day?’ is closed to new replies.