Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • 'Smart Lunar 35' light, sold at Halfords, any good?
  • haddock
    Free Member

This one

For the odd night ride, any one tried one? Its 2 Watts, 35 Lux, 5 hrs run time at full power. Ta.

BoardinBob

£5 more gets you the DX light

I would imagine it's a bit crap tbh.

moreupsthandowns
    Free Member

What BoardinBob said. Get a DX!

TheFunkyMonkey
    Free Member

Yeah but with the dx you don't get low cost fitting, or free fitting by fully trained professionals when you buy a full bike.

haddock
    Free Member

Seen a few bad reviews of the Dx on here. With lights you just dont know until you try them out, its not like tyres! So anyone out there actually got one of these? 🙂

GlenMore
    Free Member

That's a great commuting light but not really up to much off-road in the dark. The beam is too spread (good for folk seeing you rather than you seeing the trails).

StumpyBlurRider
    Free Member

got 1 looks nice,but not fitted yet

OrangeChammy
    Free Member

Get a DX, bad reviews may be due to issues folk have had, mine (and other mates) have been fine and no complaints over light output… awesome for £50 – run on mid for commute and full power is easily enough for trails.

haddock
    Free Member

ah, 💡 mate has a DX, loves it! 3 week delivery though, I need something for this Wed night at Pines.

chappers
    Free Member

I was using a Smart Bspoke 1/2 watt light which worked well to supplement my wider beam 10W halogen lamp. The 1/2 watt light has quite a tight beam though but worked enough to illuminate a narrow spot infront. Now just use it as a back-up light since my new DX is superb, especially for only £52.

haddock
    Free Member

In case anyone is thinking of purchasing either of these………………

Made a direct comparison with a DX last night and basically the DX is a lot more powerful. The Smart 35 did get me around Pines nicely though, and would make an excellent back up or helmet light.
    Its run time is around 5 hrs and is very bright considering it takes just two AA batteries, so another plus for it, as the DX was running down towards the end of the ride (2-3 hrs).

I've managed to get a replacement battery for my 10w Halogen lamp now, but would plump for a DX for power and spread, keeping the Smart as a supplement.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘'Smart Lunar 35' light, sold at Halfords, any good?’ is closed to new replies.