Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Small car/van a 6fter can lie down in?
  • FOG

Looking for a smallish bike van/car that I can actually kip in for the odd night. I don’t want a camper, just something that will take a thermarest without me curling up so I can do trips without having to worry about the finding a night’s accommodation.

Moses

I believe that Ford Connect Transits have a flat floor & the passenger seat folds down so that 4’x 8′ boards can fit inside. Worth checking, I reckon.

http://www.fordtransitdirect.co.uk/newsales/newvans/transitconnect/lwb.aspx

fbk
    Free Member

I’ve slept in my old ’03 Honda Civic. With the back seat flat & the front side tilted as far forward as it’ll go, it’s just about right for a thermorest & sleeping bag with the bike/kit in the other half (I’m 6ft)

nbt

Steve Makin is over 6′ and used to kip in a Mondeo. Not exactly small though

Mattbike

Small people carriers such as Renault Scenic / Citroen Picasso (old shape not sure about the new shape) and Fiat Multipla all have removable rear seats which leave flat space for sleeping. May have to sleep diagonally accross.

Del

>07 ( IIRC ) puegeot expert and variants. 180cm long flat load area. will take a full length ex-army cot bed. this extends over the the the bottom of the load area ‘sill’ behind the seats.

bigjim

my mate lived in an old volvo estate for a while but its not a small car!

andrewh
    Free Member

Zafira is (just) big enough, Scenic is too small unless diagonal. Mondeo is big enough.
    Maybe a hamock form the roof of a Berlingo/Kangoo/Combo?

IA

New shape berlingo takes my airbed longways in the back if I slide the passenger seat forward. I’m 6’4″. It also takes 3 + 3 bikes wheels on, just wheeled in, if you have 2 of the seats out the bike.

TooTall
    Free Member

A tent?

abennell
    Free Member

I can comfortably fit in my audi a4, loads of room in there and not quite as big as a mondeo!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Small car/van a 6fter can lie down in?’ is closed to new replies.