Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Ski transfers from Geneva
  • justatheory
    Free Member

I’m organising a ski trip and comparing package deal route with accommodation, flights, transfers separate.

Does anyone know of the best (and cheapest hopefully) method of getting from the airport to the resort. Any site recommendations.

I’ve had one quote for private transfer of 4 passengers at £150 pp return, which is the same as the flights and seems expensive.

BoardinBob

I’ve had one quote for private transfer of 4 passengers at £150 pp return

Seems steamy. We paid £40 return per head in summer for Geneva to Morzine.

About €50 per head for a dummy quote I just did here

Airport Transfers to Ski Resorts

andylaightscat
    Free Member

have a look on the airport website,there’s a link to the bus company that runs transfers.I pay about £85 return to Bourg St Maurice

stevie750

What resort are you trying to get to?

bazzer
    Free Member

It depends on where you are going ?

A transfer to Chamonix is going to be cheaper then a transfer to Val D’Isere because one is 3 times the duration of the other.

Which resort are you going ?

jam-bo

Private transfer will always be more expensive. Shared will probably be a bit longer with some waiting about but will be much cheaper.

justatheory
    Free Member

Looking at La Rosiere. I know that Chambery Airport is closer, but flights are more expensive.

bazzer
    Free Member

Also if you fly into Chambery and the weather is bad you have a good chance of being diverted to Lyon, which is a nightmare.

They don’t have a sophisticated landing system at Chambery so its quite common to be Diverted. Also has someone has mentioned a Shared transfer will be cheaper and you will struggle to get one from Chambery.

Try

Val d’Isere Tignes, Private Airport Transfers

email them and ask for Liz and tell her Baz sent you 🙂

fogliettaz
    Free Member

I usually hire a car especially with 4 people as this normally works out cheaper.

stevie750

have you looked into getting the train to bourg st maurice from london. There are a few at the weekend that go direct without having to change in paris.

It is quicker than flying( from london) to geneva and then getting a transfer

bazzer
    Free Member

You can get a train or a bus to Bourg St Maurice, but what do you do then ? You still have to get a taxi or a bus etc.

Well unless you are going Les Arc of course.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Ski transfers from Geneva’ is closed to new replies.