Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • singletrack from Morzine/Avoriaz
  • bintangman
    Free Member

Hi there

It looks like there are some great single track runs a bit off the beaten track off the top of Avoriaz, that drop down into Les Crosets, much this one…
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2QkbDEuMes&playnext_from=TL&videos=vHTopuTbB4w

Does anyone know how to get to these ones? i.e how to get to the runs that drop you down into Les Crosets, rather than Linderets?

Also, any recomendations for good blue runs close to Morzine that will be good for a (my wifes) 120m travel bike with 140mm rotors are much appreciated!
    cheers

hora
    Free Member

Yes- from very vague memory the hotels/complex is to your right/slightly behind you. If that makes sense? Hang on I'm talking crap.

bintangman
    Free Member

great, cheers. Will start from there and have a look.

Burts
    Free Member

Correct me if I'm wrong (it has been 3 yrs since my last visit) but that looks a lot like one of the runs back down to Lindarets. I think the only route to Les Crosets from there is to take the long chair from Lindarets to the head of the valley?

toys19
    Free Member

The run in this vid takes you to les lindarets, its just to the right of the start of the "world cup" run. To get to les crosets you have to start where they are in that vid, but dont go down that track, got hrough that barrier and follow your nose, you get the the waterfalla dn the bottom of moissettes. Take moissettes up and take any of the downhills other then the one that comes back down the way you came and you'll end up in les crosets..

thebiglad
    Free Member

The top part of that run is missing at the moment as they are shifting a massive amount of earth for the development on the other side of the hill.The bottom part can be easily acessed from the "swiss super highway" which leaves the col de joux verte and heads out to the bottom of the mossete lift

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

The are not trails from Avoriaz to Les Crossets, they are the tracks that drop in from Avoriaz down into the Linderets bowl.

As you go up the lift out of the bowl up towards the Avoriaz hotel you will see them all on the hillside to the left of the lift, and snaking under the lift also.

Do a left at the top of the lift, down the gravel fire road, they are all down there starting at various points. Most of them are easy, cruises down to the bottom, the French National (black) is good fun if you are more of a DH rider.

bintangman
    Free Member

great, thanks all. Must admit, I'm pretty crap at directions but I couldn't work out how you got over to Les Croset from there. Drops down into Linderets are much better given they'll be relatively quick runs from Morzine while the baby is sleeping.
    Are there many good runs dropping back down into Morzine from Avoriaz? There was one rooty one that the PPDS route did, dropping out by the swimming pool a few years ago.

Definitely not a DH rider. The blues and reds look plenty for me.

Going to be a great week out there, what with the Tour passing through for 3 days (keeping the trails quiet).

toys19
    Free Member

I find at the end of the day I am knackered and want some easy joy (ie no braking bumps/or not too much brakign at all).To that end you can go to the avoriaz cable car go past it and go down a steep fire road, that's a good laugh, fast wide and quite silly. I also like to take the run back under super morzine which is mostly single track and then exit at the paracending take off point and burn down the avoriaz morzine road overtaking cars, seeing how much lean you can get on DH tyres is fun. If you carry on under supermorzine the track craps out – BUT I havent done it for two years so maybe there is soemthign, and I know there are loads of cheeky trails but they tend to be rooty, again not good for the end of the day when knackered..

groundskeeperwilly
    Free Member

Also, any recomendations for good blue runs close to Morzine that will be good for a (my wifes) 120m travel bike with 140mm rotors are much appreciated

I am also interested in routes like this if anyone has any good knowledge to pass on?

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

Are there many good runs dropping back down into Morzine from Avoriaz? There was one rooty one that the PPDS route did, dropping out by the swimming pool a few years ago.

There is quite a choice. Through the tenni courts in the middle of the hotel complex, its a steep, loose fireroad all the way down into the valley. Its pretty hairy at any speed and there are a few secret tracks off that, just keep your eyes open.

Alternatively, make your way back along the ridge to the top of Super Morzine, there are a few tracks under the main lift, again, just keep your eyes open for them. You can drop down the other side of the hill towards Lake Montriond, and there is some truely biblical DH trails there. They are 100% not for the faint hearted though. If you like steep, tech, rooty & rocky then get your fill.

The Super Morzine trail under the lift is now 'offical' too. Its pretty tech and normally muddy. Again, if DH isn't your thing, it might be a bit full on for you.

bintangman
    Free Member

herecheers – I remember the one under the Super Morzine as pretty muddy even when the other trails were bone dry – good get your back out round the corners type riding though towards the bottom if I remember correctly.

I think we'll try the drop down to Les Lindarets and then drop down by Lake Montriond to Morzine – it looks like part of the PPDS route this year so should be okay for the both of us. That and the easy route from the top of the Pleney into Les Gets and its looking like there are some decent routes out there for us both.

toys19 – I like your idea, particularly as the Tour is going up that road on Sunday! Bit of singletrack, watch the tour go by and then back on the singletrack to the bottom.

groundskeeperwilly, theres some maps here – which have the PPDS route on then, which generally will be more XC than DH. Theres another route map which I found before but can't find the link now- drop me an email and I'll send it on to you.
    http://media.skiinfo.com/images/dppic/f343742.pdf?c=42

Captain-Pugwash
    Free Member

As soon as you get there get to the office to buy your lift pass and ask for a map of the area, it gives you all the "know trails" as well as the Passport route which is epic if you do it all. the route under the super morzine is that long twisty decent where you get roots, rock gardens, mud and sweet fast bits too. Its a good week to go with the Tour passing through it will be buzzing.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘singletrack from Morzine/Avoriaz’ is closed to new replies.