Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 88 total)
  • Single mums bike stolen in beverly
  • zoota

My friend in beverly who is a single mum (not by choice) has had her bike stolen whilst at uni in beverley yorkshire and to make things worst she also lost a days wage at work whilst having to go to the police station to report the theft.
    PLEASE PEOPLE
    Can you keep a eye out for a white 21 speed carrera valour 18″ bike which had a weeride bar and seat on it.
    I would love for her to get this bike back as she really enjoyed riding and riding with her daughter after catch the biking bug from me and my partner
    IT TOOK HER 6 MONTHS TO SAVE FOR THIS WHILST GOING TO UNI AND BRINGING UP HER 2 YR OLD DAUGHTER WITH A FULL TIME JOB.
    theft is discusting only if they knew what damage emotionly was left behind…

oliverd1981
    Free Member

There’s a University in Beverley?

Keep an eye on gumtree ebay and local papers.

If the bike was locked then there’s a decent chance the house insurance should cover this, espcecialy if you have a crime number.

Good luck.

cynic-al
    Free Member

can locals help out with a donation like the burgers did?

hora
    Free Member

Hope she gets it back

zoota

can locals help out with a donation like the burgers did?

Im not really what this means so im not really sure how to respond to this.
    Any more info thanks
    Matt

zoota

@oliverd1981 your are right
    My mistake her uni is in hull

hora
    Free Member

Are you trolling? Your grammar improved from your original post.

zoota

Are you trolling? Your grammar improved from your original post.

Trolling?!
    lol

restless
    Free Member

IT TOOK HER 6 MONTHS TO SAVE FOR THIS WHILST GOING TO UNI AND BRINGING UP HER 2 YR OLD DAUGHTER WITH A FULL TIME JOB.

You cannot work full time and do a degree at Uni. 😯

I went to Uni with a 5mth old baby as a single parent too, so understand how hard it is,
    but the if the course is full time, how can you have a full time job too???

paulosoxo
    Free Member

Does it really take 40 hours a week or work to get a degree? Really?

restless
    Free Member

Of course it doesnt take 40hrs a week to do a degree, but if you are studying, going to lectures and raising a child on your own, there is not enough time to have a full time job aswell!

What planet are you on!

mboy
    Free Member

Of course it doesnt take 40hrs a week to do a degree, but if you are studying, going to lectures and raising a child on your own, there is not enough time to have a full time job aswell!

What planet are you on!

Some people do it… Obviously, it’s far from easy, but it’s a case of priorities and motivation. Job is more than likely to be hours outside of 9to5 in order to cope with attending lectures etc, and lots of weekend work. A few months ago I was averaging 35 hours a week at work, and managing to fit my studies in, and still get out on the bike on a Sunday. But I didn’t have a kid to raise, and I was bloody knackered the whole time!

Anyway, back on topic… Hope she gets the bike back, or at least compensated for the theft ASAP. Bad luck that it happened to her, but sadly bike theft is all too common these days.

Edukator
    Free Member

The day’s wages were no doubt far more than the value of the bike. Police stations have flexible opening hours and there’s no obligation to report a theft.

bobfromkansas
    Free Member

Erm. Carrera bike, say two hundred quid. Ignoring tax that’s over 70k pa. If you’re going to be dismissive, at least be realistic. Why would a single mother earning that post tax be studying.

Frankenstein
    Free Member

Everyone is Sherlock Holmes lol

jon1973
    Free Member

more like Inspector Clouseau

tron
    Free Member

You can do uni and a full time job. There was a lass on my masters course who did 40 hours a week at McDonalds and consistently managed to get solid distinctions on everything she did…

leffeboy

who did 40 hours a week at McDonalds and consistently managed to get solid distinctions on everything she did…

Had a friend who worked there as well. He said what he took from it was actually how to get work done rather than just imagining that you are working

zimbo
    Free Member

I can’t quite work this out.

Did the OP subliminally say;
    Either:
    1) Please keep an eye out for my mate’s bike, or, alternatively,
    2) Disect my mate’s ostensible working week for ambiguities, unlikelihoods and plain lies.
    ??

He hasn’t actually asked for hard cash yet, so need we all be so cynical until he does?

Junkyard
    Free Member

Sometimes STW is hilarious ans sometimes it it the bottom of the barrel of humanity

OP sorry for he loss that really sucks that someone who works so hard and has very little has lost her bike

Mantastic
    Free Member

Losers.

OP hope it’s found or the insurance covers it

flyingmonkeycorps

In the area so I’ll keep an eye out in the second hand shops and such.

Coyote
    Free Member

As others have said, I’m confused and indeed not a little surprised by some of the responses. Al, care to expand on your comment?

Hope she manages to get something sorted soon. Taking a bike is one thing but taking one that’s been obviously been kitted up to carry a child is a different level of arsehole.

mactheknife

There are some absolute toss bags on this place sometimes.

Hope you or she gets the bike back bud.

stanley

Single mums bike stolen in beverly

Why not warn everybody.

zoota

either the sun has got to some of the people on here or they spend to much time reading in to stuff.

its simple, please if any of you come a cross a white carrera valour that either has a wee ride seat on it, bares the scaring of a wee ride seat or someone selling this bike that is nearly new for a stupidly low price please let me know.

finaly thanks for the support from those that showed it and as for the others maybe you should get out for a ride.

zokes
    Free Member

Junkyard – Member
    Sometimes STW is hilarious ans sometimes it it the bottom of the barrel of humanity

OP sorry for he loss that really sucks that someone who works so hard and has very little has lost her bike

+1

FFS, it is possible to work bloody hard through determination, and if the OP’s mate’s degree involves a lot of non-contact learning, then of course it’s possible (but certainly not easy) to do a degree whilst working full time.

CHB

Hope the bike is found.

grum
    Free Member

Hope the bike gets found – that sucks. 🙁

OT, but I used to work in McDonalds – there was a Pakistani guy working full time there who was doing a Masters (science subject too so proper hard work 😉 ), and he also had a job in a restaurant most evenings.

Edukator
    Free Member

So we’re supposed to be full of sympathy when the first paragraph of the OP’s post makes no sense at all.

It does not take a day to report a bike theft, it takes maybe an hour so and can easily be done in a lunch break or after work. I very much doubt the woman took a whole day off to reprt the theft. Alternatively, if the OP is telling the truth and the woman really took a whole day off work to report a bike theft then she has more serious issues to deal with than her bike being stolen.

Anyhow, have a look at Zoota’s posting history which is mainly urban warrior advice on theft/lousy drivng/locking/trespass/survival cycling type threads.

An example half way down the page in bold so you can’t miss it

zokes
    Free Member

Anyhow, have a look at Zoota’s posting history which is mainly urban warrior advice on theft/lousy drivng/locking/trespass/survival cycling type threads.

Makes a change to your usual mis-placed self-righteousness…

I really cannot understand the animosity to the OP in this thread

Junkyard
    Free Member

i find this thread a bit stupid!
    if you are confident to cycle on the road and you are not worried about the recklessness of certain motorist then ride in the road, if you find it safer and do so courteously ride on the pavement.
    until we get safer allocated cycle lanes that have barriers to stop vehicles entering the lane or parking in them then ride where you feel safe.

posters bold
    ps if you click on the hash tag after a post it makes the url link go straight to that post

yes that is outrageous advice there for sure so lets all take the piss when someone looses a bike.

Someone saved for 6 mths for a bike and has had it stolen.
    Not sure this is any reason to criticise the OP or debate how long it takes to report a theft – perhaps the lack of bike meant she could not get to work ?? Perhaps its rural and the coppers had to visit her due to the absence of a bike so she had to sit in all day? i dont know tbh but perhaps you could have asked why rather than give a definite answer about why it is not true?

Edukator
    Free Member

Perhaps it’s contributions to other threads and knowing the OP rides around with a hunting catapult in his hydration pack, Zokes:

I put the post at the top of this page in the same category as his contribution to a car thread

Edit: read Molgrips’s final post if you know nothing about cars

Edukator
    Free Member

Junkyard joins a thread with the sole objective of arguing with me again. Welcome, junkyard.

zimbo
    Free Member

So, even you think the guy’s a p***k, what difference does that make? He’s not asking on his own behalf, he’s asking for a friend. If all’s as it seems, and we’ve no real reason to doubt that, whatever other bollocks he’s involved in, at least this once he seems to be doing something decent.
    I don’t even understand that Vauxhall post, but it seems wholly unrelated to this thread.

zokes
    Free Member

JunkyardEdukator joins a thread with the sole objective of arguing with me haranguing the OP again. Welcome, Edukator.

What he carries or doesn’t carry in his Camelbak doesn’t make it OK for you to barge into a thread about a potentially unfortunate situation and call him a liar.

You’re being particularly strange stalking him over two-month-old threads which have absolutely nothing to do with the current topic. What’s he done to piss on your chips?

Edukator
    Free Member

I’ve never said I think the guy is P****. He does seem to have a fertile imagination though. Should I take the story about a bike theft and the circumstances of the person involved any more seriously than what he has posted on other threads? You see my problem?

No more to add, bye.

Junkyard
    Free Member

You see my problem?

MUST RESIST 😉

zokes
    Free Member

You see my problem?

No, not really. I see you identifying a thread by a member who you clearly have your own personal issues with, then instead of ignoring it because of his “fertile imagination”, you wade straight in with insults and links to irrelevant two / three month old threads.

No more to add, bye.

Shut the door on the way out…

Coyote
    Free Member

FFS edukator take a look at yourself.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 88 total)

The topic ‘Single mums bike stolen in beverly’ is closed to new replies.