Viewing 28 posts - 41 through 68 (of 68 total)
  • show me your lefty's
  • gavrobb
    Free Member

Great thread – awesome idea. I have ridden Headshocks and Lefty’s for years now – regular forks always feel so ‘sticky’ – takes a big bump just to move them. Cannondale on roller bearings makes much more sense – you can see it moving on every little bump. They also seem to last forever with little to no servicing.

I’m trying to post an image of my current ride (first time sorry). S-Works with a carbon Lefty. If it works I’ll post up my commuter – Scalpel with a hub gear (struggling to get it all to work tho!)

Problem is I have a preference for a large frame now and the adaptor seems to like a med frame only and needs a short head tube. I have a few spare Lefty’s kicking around and keen to find a frame to change out the S-Works for. Need therefore to go back to a Cannondale frame and would be keen to hear anybody looking to feel something on – maybe a Prophet or Rize? Cheers

Untitled by Aberdeenrobbs, on Flickr

gavrobb
    Free Member

gavrobb
    Free Member

theflatboy
    Free Member

gavrobb – Member

I have a few spare Lefty’s kicking around

i’ll have one. 🙂

gavrobb
    Free Member

Sorry – all got homes !! Are they hard to come by these days?

bikebouy
    Free Member

For some reason my second pic in my post earlier doesn’t come out, so here’s another piccy for what I hope soon to turn my F800 into, a 29er Titanium sexmaxhine.

nicko74

like it bikebuoy, but that seat-tube looks… odd…

higthepig
    Free Member

There are a couple of good vid’s about lefty’s linked below.

Lefty Vids

Some of the comments below the vids are interesting. I’m still not convinced about Lefty’s, although I also think that helicopters should not be able to fly and the earth is flat!

UrbanHiker
    Free Member

Bikebouy, so is that a 100mm fork designed for 26 wheels going on your 29er. How does that work?

Skyliner
    Free Member

Some Lefty’s have an internal spacer you remove to make them 29er compatible. I think they reduce the travel to 80mm though.

d45yth
    Free Member

Skyliner – Member

Some Lefty’s have an internal spacer you remove to make them 29er compatible. I think they reduce the travel to 80mm though.

Is it not the other way round? I thought that you add the spacer, not remove one?

bikebouy
    Free Member

Yer right, you have to add the spacer. In the crown there is enough room in a 100mm lefty to fit a 29er in there. It does reduce the travel to 80mm as stated, but it’s going to be a x-country thrash bike and that’s enough for me (I’m seeking out a 140mm FS for all day riding and getting rid of my 29erSS as I think I’ve done enough SS’ing for a while.)

The seatpost in that pic is fixed length, I’m not going down that route I want a separate seatpost.

I’ve had my lefty from new, it’s been serviced twice in that time and it’s been an excellent compliment to my riding. It’s never failed me, has always been lovingly looked after, is a light alternative, has never twisted and most of all.. it makes me smile.

No idea what to do with the donor frame, maybe I could stick a fixed fork on it a’la badboy image, we’ll see, as is it’s going to be a bit of a wrench to pull “old faithful” apart.

LLOYDSTEVENS
    Free Member

If Any of you guys ever need spares for your Lefty or Cannondale bikes, check out http://www.QwertyCycles.co.uk
    If you email info@qwertycycles.co.uk you can ask for a 10% off code. 😀

Other than great performance, the two best things about the Lefty fork for me is mud clearance and the fact you don’t need to take the wheel out to change a tube when punctured!!(great when you are racing or out in the cold)

unovolo
    Free Member

I can echo what ‘Lloydstevens’ said regarding Qwerty Cycles ,I have had a few orders from them ,with very quick and reliable service from them on each occasion.

amedias
    Free Member

Lloyd Stevens *is* quertycycles, not that there’s anything wrong with that, and it’s true, they do stock a great array of spares, just making people aware since he didn’t state who he was up front

😉

LLOYDSTEVENS
    Free Member

Sprung………… 🙂

Skyliner
    Free Member

Remove spacer / insert spacer, its still a clever trick the Leftys have up their sleeve. Obviously never done it myself.

LLOYDSTEVENS have you got p/n KF211 in stock? Cheers.

LLOYDSTEVENS
    Free Member

KF211 are in stock, STW10 in the final checkout page will get you 10% off all orders over £5.

GregMay
    Free Member

Have always wanted a Lefty for some reason. But never even owned a Cannondale.

bonchance
    Free Member

Ratherbeintobago – is that a flash 26 or 29r? Thinking must be 26..

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

GregMay – Member

Have always wanted a Lefty for some reason. But never even owned a Cannondale.

You don’t need a Cannondale to run one

ben10
    Free Member

as i started this litle chat think its only right i put a pic of my ride.

lipseal
    Free Member

I really want/need a lefty now! 8)

unovolo
    Free Member

‘Lloyd Stevens is Qwertycycles’ 😯

Didn’t know that,still very good service though.

skidsareforkids
    Free Member

That “Form” bike is beautiful! (Dream bike bookmark updated) 🙄

Skyliner
    Free Member

Hi, in the spirit of good and feedback experienced with online retailers just wanted to say a big shout out to Qwertycycles. My first ever order with them delivered in 24hrs! And with a STW discount too! Cheers 🙂

andyeez
    Free Member

Prophet with Lefty, recently serviced at Evans. Now with RP23.

skywalker
    Free Member

Oh, not mine…
    But I like it

I bet that Lefty works well with 3/4 of a ton of unsprung weight hanging off it. Not.

Viewing 28 posts - 41 through 68 (of 68 total)

The topic ‘show me your lefty's’ is closed to new replies.