Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 223 total)
  • Show and tell…… Your road bike……
  • nedrapier

Heavy but versatile.

gee
    Free Member

Specialized S-Works Tarmac SL3, Dura Ace 7900, SWorks carbon cranks, bars etc. King R45 hubs on Stans Alpha rims. The frame is stiff as they come, bordering on uncomfortable, but nice to go for a big road ride every now and again. I think the wheels probably help a little.

mtbtomo
    Free Member

gee – how do you find the stans alpha rims? Are they the 20/24 hole versions that everyone reports as flexy?

shedbrewed
    Free Member

Nedrapier, I really rather like that.

TiRed

Yes it’s my review. I held back until the second unit failed. The company have been very good and were genuinely surprised at the failures. I think it’s an innovative product and I want them to succeed. The K-Edge garmin mount and Pro chaincatcher add to the bling.

camster
    Free Member

Cannondale R2000si bought fron new about 12 yrs ago. Stock spec apart from new stem and low profile bars allowing me to actually ride on the drops at long last!

Love it!

bacondoublechee
    Free Member

My Felt. It has been around the block a few times now!

Dibbs
    Free Member

My post cancer treatment present to myself (Wilier Cento 1 SR Super Record).

Wookster

Nice bike Dibbs!!

globalti
    Free Member

2012 Roubaix SL3 with Ksyrium SL wheels, now fitted with Michelin Pro4 tyres – climbs superbly, descends like on rails and makes me feel like a cycling God.

will
    Free Member

Roubaix’s always look SO comfortable. Assume they are?

Toasty

New Canyon, absolutely loving it. First ride I’ve had in ages where I just accept I’m not trying to cane my records and just pootle, lovely evening!

Slightly gangly looking, but to be honest there’s a lot worse looking 62cm alloy frames about! 🙂

Love how they seem to cut zero corners, really solid wheelset, Ritchey WCS finishing kit, even Ultegra cassette and things. Chuffed to bits.

clarkpm4242
    Free Member

IMG_2625 by clarkpm4242, on Flickr

Thought I’d try a bit of road. Bought this a month or so back, seems OK, goes uphill! Enjoying it so far.

Don’t know what else to expect. It is a bike 🙂

Edit: 105 groupset…

tinribz
    Free Member

You cant deny those Ribbles look pretty.

RealMan
    Free Member

You cant deny those Ribbles look pretty.

As an owner, I can..

Nah, it looks ok. When you take it out of the UK it’s pretty much exotic as no one has ever heard of it, which is kinda nice.

will
    Free Member

Ow RealMan, just for you 😉

boblo
    Free Member

@will did Halfords do that build…? 🙂

will
    Free Member

😆 Got say those bars do look weird!

RealMan
    Free Member

Those bars are just… so… deep…

Is a lot of drop but I’ve never been a huge fan of bars like that. Not sure about the grey tape either…

will
    Free Member

I agree the bars are simply awful, and I do need new ones. The OAP Grey tape was some I had lying around and I agree, it isn’t nice.

boblo
    Free Member

You must have really big spuds too judging by the saddle angle… 🙂 And whilst we’re ripping the piss out of your bike, what’s with the spacers? Oops, sorry, too far…

will
    Free Member

I don’t own a hacksaw. Otherwise the Giant a few pages back wouldn’t have a mountain of spacers too.

New stem & Bars order. Deda 130mm stem and some Deda 440mm bars 🙂

RealMan
    Free Member

You can get a hacksaw off ebay for a few quid – it won’t be great, but it will be good enough to trim some steerers 😉

sputnik
    Free Member

Look 585
    Dura Ace groupset
    DT 240s hubs/Mavic CXP33 rims

Love it because it is the perfect blend of comfort, weight and stiffness .
    And the lugs are pretty cool too.

RooleyMoor
    Free Member

£40 Raleigh Scorpio Twelve from ebay.

Tips the scales at 10KG.

I’ve cleaned up the back end, which had been hand painted in gloss paint and added spds. Bar tape WILL be replaced as soon as I get round to it.

Rather enjoying it at the moment, more than my MTB!

globalti
    Free Member

Roubaix’s always look SO comfortable. Assume they are?

Yes, I have a 2006 Roubaix, which is just a collection of carbon tubes and rides nicely enough but this 2012 incarnation is a different beast altogether; it manages to be sharp as anything in the way it climbs, descends, corners and brakes yet actually more comfortable than the old model. Carbon frame makers are obviously learning fast how to use the material to its best advantage.

solarider
    Free Member

2 for me:

Spec
    Frame and Fork – Moots RSL and ENVE
    Groupset – Campagnolo Super Record EPS
    Wheels – Lightweight Standard
    Finishing Kit – Moots

I love it because it was made for me, fits me like a glove, is a masterpiece of workmanship, a bit different and it isn’t carbon. Oh, and I love the electronic noises it makes!

Spec
    Frame and Fork – Colnago Master 30th Anniversary
    Groupset – Campagnolo Record/Super Record 11 speed
    Wheels – Campagnolo Hyperon
    Finishing Kit – Deda

I love it because it is a classic. Wanted one for years, and when they re-released the colour I just had to have one.

Since moving to Hong Kong, both now sport compact chainsets of the same variety.

YoKaiser
    Free Member

solarider those are two very tasty bikes!

will
    Free Member

You had to ruin it with that last sentence didn’t you 😉

howarthp

Frame: Look 695 SR
    Groupset: Dura Ace 9070
    Wheels: Lightweight Meilenstein Clincher SE

solarider
    Free Member

It was that or (deep breath) a triple!

Man alive the hills are tough over here and it hasn’t dropped below 35 degrees since we moved.

Try that in a 52/11, or even a 39/25!

sputnik
    Free Member

Awesome looking bike Howarthp!

boblo
    Free Member

Ok howarthp and solarider have the biggest swinging dicks…. Blimey, coulda got a very nice car for that 🙂

howarthp

Swinging dick aside I must admit to driving a Mini

boblo
    Free Member

Aaah, ooh, that’s gone and done it. Effeminate hairdresser with blond highlights and camp lisp rides fantastic bike conundrum… 🙂

howarthp

Blonde highlights are SO last year…

finbar
    Free Member

Haven’t got a photo of my current one, but this is what I was riding last summer:

pid
    Free Member

I love it because it’s cleaner than my other bikes.

I hate it because it’s a pig to keep clean.

LMT
    Free Member

Not a great pic, but my Canyon Roadlite Al Sl, basic model sram apex throughout, but i love it. Such a great road bike!

Canyon new bike by manicm78, on Flickr

aracer
    Free Member

sputnik – if you must have green bar tape then you need to choose something different to drink.

Some jaw dropping bikes on this page.

Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 223 total)

The topic ‘Show and tell…… Your road bike……’ is closed to new replies.