Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Shhh Trails – Where am I?
  • Kitz_Chris
    Free Member

Best singletrack in the UK? I think so….

crackhead
    Free Member

Swanage?

Dibbs
    Free Member

Looks a bit like the footpath between Valley of the Rocks and Lynmouth.

freeridenick
    Free Member

got to be exmoor…
    please tell

BiscuitPowered
    Free Member

Looks a bit like one of my local trails.

Kitz_Chris
    Free Member

Dibbs is very close….

mickasaki
    Free Member

Somewhere around Birmingham? 😆 That does look nice, but you wouldn't want a wheel to wash out!

Kitz_Chris
    Free Member

The drop isn't (quite) as steep as it looks. Or at least thats what I tell myself when I'm riding along it! I'm pretty sure you'd come to a stop before landing in the sea but I'm not going to find out!

Andy-R

It looks a bit like one of my local trails too, but it can't be because it's not in the UK.

Nice though……

Kitz_Chris
    Free Member

In case anyone was interested – its the coastpath from Trentishoe towards Heddons mouth. Very cheeky, and certainly one not to be ridden when theres any chance of walkers around. Makes for a beautiful sunset though!

Dibbs
    Free Member

400+ ft down to the sea/rocks 😯

Edric64
    Free Member

Also not one to ride in a blustery wind

yunki
    Free Member

coast path loveliness is a guilty pleasure but hard to resist if it's on your doorstep.. beware the red sock brigade for they are furious and full of self righteous indignation and often purple and spitting bile in their rage..

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

That bile is nasty stuff. It'll damage your paint if you don't wash it off fast.

_tom_
    Free Member

Looks nice but I wouldn't want to ride it for risk of falling in the drink 0_0

Nainosliw
    Free Member

Looks nice – I might ride it on a calm day on my way to the pub, on a windy night after a few beers……..different story

Kitz_Chris
    Free Member

beware the red sock brigade for they are furious and full of self righteous indignation

I only ride it before 8am or after 8pm – I've ridden it in daytime in winter and never seen anyone, but wouldn't risk it otherwise. I've thought about doing it at night but that may just be a little too stupid!

this shot shows the pitch of the cliff a little better

yesiamtom
    Free Member

wow !

HeatherBash
    Free Member

Not bad at all – for England 😉

Kitz_Chris
    Free Member

Not bad at all – for England

I take it you've never ridden on Exmoor then?!

SprocketJockey
    Free Member

I would guess somewhere to the North of Hunters Inn?

Coastal path riding is a tricky one… I can understand the conflict of use issue on particularly busy sections like parts of the SW coast path, but there are loads of bits which are very lightly used and some sort of voluntary agreement is surely the way forward.

When I got my first MTB, my local trails were the coast paths around the NW coast of Anglesey… I honestly didn't think I was doing anything wrong and just assumed that as they were footpaths I could ride them. Barely saw anyone anyway and those that I did were generally too gobsmacked to see someone on a bike to complain.

Risky when I think of it… solo riding on a rigid bike with canti brakes on a rocky 6 inch trail with 200ft of exposure and the only safety equipment a cheese and pickle sandwich… no helmet. In retrospect I'm surprised I didn't get a ride in the big yellow 'copter

SprocketJockey
    Free Member

Doh… that really was just a guess, honest. I just spotted your earlier response….

clareymorris

Looks amazing ;-D

Kitz_Chris
    Free Member

I think the SW coast path should rightly stay as a footpath only. Its too busy with walkers for 9 months of the year, and I dare say that under-prepared or over-confident MTBers would cause a few problems. Also, on a selfish level, it means I can ride it 3 or 4 times a year without upsetting or disturbing anyone.
    Some of the sections closer to Porlock are bridleways, but I steer clear of them in summertime due to the number of people around

tang
    Free Member

one of my favorite places ever.

HeatherBash
    Free Member

>I take it you've never ridden on Exmoor then?! <

Nup – but that was a back handed compliment 😉

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘Shhh Trails – Where am I?’ is closed to new replies.