Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)
  • Serious question- anyone ever had PR (rectal) bleeding?
  • chomp
    Free Member

don’t panic if you’re left with a tail coming out of your arse, had a fissure sutured a while ago as a result of a crohns related complication and was shocked to find that the end of it hangs out of your arse !!

Would’ve been nice to have been told that in advance

MarkN
    Free Member

Jedi, cheers mate LOL. I will stay off the beetroot then..

bigyinn
    Free Member

Why does the swear filter NOT pick up “arsehole”??

hora
    Free Member

i ate a load of beetroot once and when i went to the toilet i thought was was dying!

I just smirked to myself remembering the first time I had most of a jar of Beetroot and worried myself silly the next day..

OP I wouldn’t ride much for now.

Have you had any indigestion/acid reflux recently? (just to rule out another thing).

swiss01
    Free Member

so much time in hosital, so many stories of pr bleeds, haematemesis and the like. professionalism forbids me from describing the latest ‘slipped while naked’ incident.

but yes, you should absolutely get this checked out and keep doing so until your satisfaction. guidance here (in case you’ve not googled already)
    http://www.beatingbowelcancer.org/sites/default/files/page_files/SymptomsV3.0March2011_0.pdf

obviously there is one set of causes that may cause you some problems with your tradesman’s entrance. for your edification (safe for my work but possibly not yours)
    http://www.well.com/~cynsa/newpiles.html

yunki
    Free Member

Why does the swear filter NOT pick up “arsehole”??

context innit.. 😉

worried
    Free Member

No further bleeding since I last posted; twice daily applications of Anusol HC and a series of blood tests.

Nothing back on the blood tests yet but as I’m otherwise asymptomatic the doc says no referal at the moment unless the bleeding reoccurs.

I’ll keep you all informed

hora
    Free Member

Have you had any reflux?

seanoc
    Free Member

A bum consultant would recommend against the use of Anusol and similiar creams for tretment of a ruptured pile or fissure as it just keeps the wound moist and prevents proper healing. I know.

These are my rules

1. Drink lots and lots and lots of water.
    2. Eat figs and prunes and stuff like that.
    3. Never, never, never, never, never skimp on your bran flakes; even if you really fancy poached eggs (eat some bran first).
    4. Never ever use codine based pain killers.

I’ve got pretty sever bum issues and these are the four rules I live by, if I skimp on even 1 of these rules I’ll be in agony for ~3 days, not being able to sit down, walk, concentrate, owt!

yunki
    Free Member

never listen to advice from the internet either..

the general advice about increasing fibre to help with bum issues is not always correct..

insoluble fibre such as wheat bran and wholemeal bread is very detrimental for some bum issues such as colitis..

hainman
    Free Member

as i suffer from crohns disease and generally frequent the lil boys room sometimes on an hourly basis it does tend to bring on the wee bleed or 50…..sometimes it can be a pile or in my case sometimes its the lining of the bowel thats inflamed.but red red is usualy the old duke of argyll.if its lighter and mucussy id go see a gastrointeroligist…just pray they dont give you klean-prep to empty you or you’ll be pissing out your arse for days….
    anyhoo hope all gets sorted for you “worried”…if you have bupa you wont wait months for colonoscopy.

Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)

The topic ‘Serious question- anyone ever had PR (rectal) bleeding?’ is closed to new replies.