Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Seatpost shim for adjustable seatpost?
  • oscillatewildly
    Free Member

hi guys, and happy new year!

im interested in getting a joplin 4 adjustable seatpost, just wondered as i have a 27.2mm seat tube, is it possible to get some form of shim to allow for a 30.9mm to be able to fit one of these? i know it may sound stupid as its larger going into a smaller tube, but just wanted to check, seems so stupid only GD are available and the pure racing ones, which no one has stock of…..

really like the look of the joplin too 🙁

is this possible to shim it up or am i being a retardo??!?!

khani
    Free Member

Not unless your Dr Who, try 18bikes for a ks i7, they had some not long ago

steve_b77
    Free Member

No can do, big thing into little hole won’t fit. Even with copious amount of grease

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

😳

thanks guys, cant see any i7’s on 18 bikes site?

is there a contact email for them??

khani
    Free Member

Try giving them a ring, I got a i7 off them not long ago after the man from 18 posted on here on a different thread about dropper posts, the numbers on the website

matthew_h
    Free Member

We’re not open again until Monday but give us a bell on 01433 621111 and we shoud be able to help.

Cheers

The other Matt at 18 Bikes

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

hello matt! cheers for the response, i cant make a call today, at the inlaws having a sit down meal and the likes, and ive left my bloody mobile at home!

just wondered how much are they exactly matt? and do you have them in stock? i can email you if its easier to discuss, have internet access at least 🙂

cheers!

matthew_h
    Free Member

Give us a bell on Monday and we can chat it over. We’ve got the Gravity Dropper in 27.2 too as another option but there’s loads of options and price depends on which you go for

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

cheers matt!

is there any chance i can email to discuss if your free 5 mins today? its just im up that way on monday riding, and can pop in etc, but will need to get the cash sorted before i come to buy….

just the standard ks i7 one, prefer the remote version if its cheap enough, dont like the GD it looks awful 😆

cheers if you can help today, sorry to be a pain!

Ewan
    Free Member

No can do, big thing into little hole won’t fit. Even with copious amount of grease

Er…. that’s what she said? 😀

matthew_h
    Free Member

I’m on holiday today and don’t have access to all the stock levels but email me on matthew@screamingjaffa.co.uk and I’ll see what I can do. Might be tomorrow before I can give you a definitive answer though

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

cheers matt, sorry to invade your holiday 🙂 any help appreciated, and email sent 😉

thanks again!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Seatpost shim for adjustable seatpost?’ is closed to new replies.