• This topic has 13 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by DanW.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Santa Cruz Superlight sizing?
  • ricejuggler
    Free Member

i’m thinking about buying a Superlight to get me back into light riding after a long lay off after a neck injury. I don’t want a bike that will have me stretched out too much so was wondering if anyone has one and if you reckon a medium would be fine for me (i’m 5’7″), or if a small may be better?

rickon
    Free Member

They come up short, and you’re bang on in the middle of the reccomended size for a medium 🙂 simples.

KT1973
    Free Member

I’m 6″ and my large is fine so I’d say medium

drain

I’m 5’7″, a 31″ inside leg, and the medium fits me spot on, so hopefully you’ll suit it too. I think small would be too cramped as they’re quite short in the top tube. I can cope pretty well with a large as long as the saddle’s down a fair bit.

ricejuggler
    Free Member

cheers guys. I’m off to Stif today to see if i can get sorted. Thanks for the advice.

SBrock
    Free Member

Can you ring them

Jehosophat
    Free Member

I would say try a small as well as a medium, but it depends on your body shape (arm/leg length, etc). I am 5’9.5″ and have a pre-facelift size small superlight – because it was heavily reduced and the medium Heckler I had at the time felt too big. It shows a fair bit of seat post and I run a longer stem than my medium Blur (which feels spot on to me) and it feels fine for typical UK singletrack in cruddy weather, which is what I use it for, nothing majorly fast.

Personally I err towards the smaller end of SC’s recommended sizings – definitely try before you buy.

PaulGillespie
    Free Member

My GF is 5’9 and the medium fits her perfectly. Layback post and 90mm stem.

DaveVanderspek
    Free Member

I’m 6ft 2in and ride a large.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

they are fine bikes as long as you like faffing around with the propedal to get them to pedal well…

DaveVanderspek
    Free Member

Strange, i never use the pro-pedal?

duckman

They come up small, medium will be fine on you.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

Strange, i never use the pro-pedal?

maybe you are used to the lossy suspension design – I was comparing side-by-side with Turners and Giants which pedalled up hill with much less loss into the suspension whilst keeping it fully active.

You can probably dial in a reasonable compromise.

Geometry seemed nice though.

DanW
    Free Member

The sc superlight is a fantastically balanced little bike- I love mine! Bob isn’t an issue as some suggest- the basic shock is more than fine 🙂

I am 5’9 and ride a medium with a 16mm layback post and 110mm stem. I would have thought a medium should be fine but best try one if you can. Enjoy!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Santa Cruz Superlight sizing?’ is closed to new replies.