Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Rutland Water
  • lisanagle
    Free Member

Heading to Rutland Water this weekend, anybody know what to expect or can recommend any stops round?

sofaking
    Free Member

expect boredom.
    the Horse and jockey is your best bet to stop at. there are a couple of cafes on the way round too

[/url]

Clobber
    Free Member

expect boredom

Exactly this…

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Depends on fitness and who you are going with. I have pootled round with the girlfriend before on a blazing hot and had a meal at the jockey and really enjoyed it. Start on the north side and do a loop, the pub will be halfway.

It’s tame at best.

colournoise

It’s fine for a ‘leisure’ ride or a flat out fitness bash, but what off-road there is is as far from technical as it’s possible to get.

Watch out for the newer section of trail between Egleton and the pub climb. No idea what they surfaced it with but it’s some bizarre material that just seems to suck every ounce of energy out of your legs.

slainte 🙂 rob

PiknMix
    Free Member

boooooooooooooooring

do the Belvoir loop instead, only marginally better, hence I bought a road bike.

allthegear
    Free Member

See how many other bikes you can pass on the way round – just missed out on a hundred last time. Gutted.

Rachel

SkillWill
    Free Member

Expect unhappiness followed by regret.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

It’s not that bad, Sustrans rather than Schladming.

Jamie
    Free Member

Heading to Rutland Water this weekend, anybody know what to expect or can recommend any stops round?

Ring ahead and see whether the Giant shop or Rutland Cycles have a carbon road bike to hire, and then go round some of the nicest countryside in the area.

…the bike will have flats possibly.

Failing that, enter into the spirit of dawdling round, and hire a tandem and stop at every cafe and have an ice cream.

StuF

Depends what you want out of it – nice pleasant bimble with the family on a warm day – great. If you want steep / technical / rocky then probably look elsewhere.

My 5 year old daughter managed the 16 miles all the way round last year.

Dobbo

Expect unhappiness followed by regret.

😆 True though, once done never forgotten, no matter how hard you try.

meehaja
    Free Member

I grew up that side of the east midlands, the experience made me move to yorkshire!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Rutland Water’ is closed to new replies.