Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 415 total)
  • Rugby – Heineken cup
  • TandemJeremy
    Free Member

So who else is looking forward to this weekends Games? – Edinburgh go to Cardiff for a tight game – Edinburgh on a roll and if they win this game the really are in the driving seat in the group. Away wins are crucial.

Cardiff look strong in the forwards. Edinburgh may have problems at the set peice with Geoff Cross a weak link and no tall forwards for lineouts.

However its a very exciting and attacking set of backs Edinburgh have. I will back them to score tries. There is the added spice of desperate dan(parks) at stand off for Cardiff. Want to take a bet he gets smashed to the ground early on and pressured to drop deep? Edinburgh back row will give Cardiff a hard time

Gonna be a cracker.

hels
    Free Member

Is it on the tele ? I had an Edinburgh season ticket many years ago, but lost interest when they started playing at Meadowbank. Rubbish stadium and no decent pubs in the vicinity.

RustyMac

Massively exciting for Edinburgh this year, 2 big wins to start and from what i have heard the last mach could end up being match of the tournament. Hope they can hold it together in Cardiff as it will give them an exclent base to progress out of the group stages this year.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Scarlets v Munster – I have a feeling Munster might well lose to them for the first time since ’07. Scarlets are displaying very good cup form – Munster are only scraping victories and are missing Howlett. Should be a cracker of a game though. Wish I was going. I was there a few years ago at Stradey Park and we had a great day and evening. Really nice bunch of fans.

EDIT: I reckon if Munster win the game, then they’ll top the group. If Scarlets win, then it’ll most likely all hinge on the return fixture at Thomond Park.

It’s good to see Scarlets strong again.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I’d take Caerdydd to win that one, I’m afraid.

Spreys v Salaries? That could be a great game, as could Quins v Toulouse. In fact, I think that latter could be awesome. Given Quins current roll of form and Toulouse being, well, Toulouse!

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

hels – Member

Is it on the tele ?

Sky sports – need a pirate feed if you haven’t got sky.

http://mypremium.tv/ seems good at the moment

http://www.vipbox.tv/ also usually has feeds

Scamper
    Free Member

Not really, Glaws are all but down and out 😕

ocrider

Not looking forward to Weegies Vs Montpellier.
    Trinh Duc, Gorgodze, Privat, Nagusa and Audrin are all being rested after playing (and winning) three matches in a week, so progression to the next round is starting to look less likely. 😥

Lifer
    Free Member

I’m off to Wembley tomorrow 😀

C’mon the ‘spreys!

Frankers
    Free Member

My money is on Cardiff to beat Edinburgh and Scatlets to beat Munster……

Oh……..and Tigers cheating a win against Clermont

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

LOL@ frankers. tigers? cheat? Never

Edinburgh could well beat Cardiff. Got to get some ball and close down Parks / Roberts. Needs a great game from Grant, Denton and King tho

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Who cares what the tiggers do tbh. They don’t figure in the HC anymore.

AngusWells

Quins Toulouse tonight has to be the pick in my view. Potential England skipper Chris Robshaw on show. I wonder if Stuart Lancaster will be popping across the road from his new office to have a shufti?

sadmadalan

As a Irish Fan – we need an away win in Paris and a draw in Cardiff. I am not suer that this is going to happen. Watched Irish lose to both Edinburgh and Cardiff and reckon that Cardiff should win quite easily. Irish have zero creativity at the moment and could have beaten Edinburgh at Irish! As it we are going to get stuffed in Paris by some large scoreline!

Frankers
    Free Member

Let’s wait and see DD, Tigers definately got the bit between the teeth at the moment after poor start to the season

docrobster
    Free Member

Fighting talk there chaps
    Come on the tigers!

Pigface
    Free Member

Ospreys will lose against Saracens 😥 but I will be watching the mighty Whites take on Currie.

anagallis_arvensis

Cardiff Blues: Leigh Halfpenny; Alex Cuthbert, Casey Laulala, Jamie Roberts, Chris Czekaj; Dan Parks, Lloyd Williams; Gethin Jenkins, Rhys Thomas, Tau Filise, Bradley Davies, Paul Tito, Michael Paterson, Sam Warburton, Xavier Rush.

Replacements: Ryan Tyrrell, John Yapp, Scott Andrews, Maama Molitika, Josh Navidi, Richie Rees, Ceri Sweeney, Gavin Evans.

Edinburgh: Chris Paterson; Lee Jones, Nick De Luca, James King, Tim Visser; Harry Leonard, Greig Laidlaw; Allan Jacobsen, Ross Ford, Geoff Cross, Sean Cox, Esteban Lozada, David Denton, Roddy Grant, Stuart McInally.

Replacements: Steve Lawrie, Kyle Traynor, Jack Gilding, Steve Turnbull, Ross Rennie, Mike Blair, John Houston, Tom Brown.

Very strong Cardiff team will be disappointed if they dont win.

monkey_boy
    Free Member

think all the Welsh teams have a very good chance… im biased.

but my team are in the paper heineken cup (dragons) 🙁

so f*cked off its on Sky!!

AngusWells

Hmm. Might have to revise my view. Quins are coming off second best to Toulouse at half time and are going to have to do something special in the second half to come out on top of this one.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Looks like the Burghers are getting a bit stuffed.

anagallis_arvensis

Good win for cardiff not much of a game though. Still hate that clown Dan Parks

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I never tire of seeing Quins lose.

themountaingoat
    Free Member

Damn we lost, still losing to Toulouse isnt anything to be to ashamed of!

I never tire of seeing Quins lose.

Whys that?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

😀
    :mrgreen:

Great win for Munster. By jove, Botha was immense today. That last Munster scrum was a wonder to observe.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Didn’t end up seeing much of the Edinburgh game – sounds like a not great game and a poor performance from Edinburgh. Not taking chances again.

Pigface
    Free Member

Botha good Oirish name that 😉

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Treviso 30 – 26 Biarritz

😯

Pigface
    Free Member

Amazing result check out the Biarritz try in my other thread fantastic rugby.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Good for Treviso – strong Italian teams is good for european rugby

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

BJ O’Botha I believe he’s called. Mind you, even the Bull, at 38, would have owned the Scarlets front row by himself today. 😛

duckman

Three games; 8 points more scored, how strong is the Darcy ticker? 😀

Good to see Grandpa Hayes come on, a man so old even I have played against him. (a truly scary speed for inhaling a pint in a boat race BTW,if you hadn’t sussed that out by looking at him)

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

duckie, to be honest, I don’t think they’ll get past the QFs (unless it’s a home draw…in which case, they might get to the semis). Of course, I’m assuming they’ll qualify from the group, which you’d have to say they should with two away victories. But with no bonus points, they may well be in the bottom half of the draw.

Anyway, I’m not sure they’re in the top four teams in Europe this season – far from their best. Compelling games to watch though. Leinster are still the stronger Irish province at the moment (IMO).

duckman

Best four are (based on thus far) Toulouse and three others. How much did they boss Quins? Leinster should be my province as we have an association with Lansdowne, but God they are dull,mind you it has worked for them before. English clubs have been a bit off the pace this year. You normally expect a level of dog from the English sides that carries them through,but an element of lethargy from them this year.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Toulouse are, however, very much like the quinze de France. Superb, undeniably brillant, but also unpredictable. Who knows which Toulouse you’ll be playing?

duckman

The one that played last night at a freezing Stoop? I suspect they are wee bit above the whole don’t travel thing we like to point at the French.Of course they will now lose at home forcing me to eat humble deep fried mars bar.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Good win for glasgow. Weir a good steady game, Grey seems to have lost some sparkle tho. Hogg in great form at full back, Rory Lamont a couple of good runs. Are we seeing some decent backs emerging for Scotland at last?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Nice win for Leinster continuing Irish domination over English rugby at both club and international level.

Bath…another team I could never tire of seeing lose.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Bravisimo DD – get the snipes in first. ’tis true tho

Leicester next.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Odds on Leicester getting into double figures on penalties and / or getting yellow cards 😉 ?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 415 total)

The topic ‘Rugby – Heineken cup’ is closed to new replies.