Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Routes near Ashbourne
  • paulwf

I am staying near Ashbourne for a couple of days with work and want to take my bike.

As it is only a short detour I was thinking of going to Sherwood pines on the way there, but can anyone recommend me a 2-3hr route relatively near to Ashbourne?

Cheers
    Paul

alanbill99

There’s not a great deal of stuff in Ashbourne, but if you shoot up the A515 and park at say Chelmorton with a 1:50,000 you’ll see there’s loads on stuff the other side of Taddington. Priestcliff and down to the Monsal trail. Along the trail then up to litton n tideswell, quite a few good lanes round there. With a good route you can have a brilliant 2hrs!

iain1775
    Free Member

Pines is a good 90mins from Ashbourne through the old mining villages clogged with traffic, in terms of time peaks would be closer, or cannock, or go explore round Alton area park at the ramblers retreat cafe
    Even the ticknall ride on the route guide on this site is closer and prob more interesting than pines which is prob not worth travelling too (I’m in derby and cba with it)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Routes near Ashbourne’ is closed to new replies.