Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Rotor Wear – when to change?
  • skyhigh_71

Hi All,

When is a disc rotor considered worn and in need of replacement? I have a set of Avid 160's used with BB7s that are about 2 years old. They have quite a bit of scoring and there is just noticable thinning of the material on the braking surface in comparison with the inboard edge outside of the sweep of the pads.

Any recommendations on this?

Thanks

skyhigh_71

Was this question considered too stupid to warrant any replies???

tracknicko
    Free Member

never. its a bit of metal. unless its so thin it looks like it might break then why worry?

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

I only changed the rotors used with my original mini's when there was a considerable thinning of the braking track.

skyhigh_71

OK thanks all for the replies

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

Either my shimano or formula rotors had this printed on them – 1.2mm

Dibbs
    Free Member

I change mine when the thinest part is approx. 70% of the original thickness. You probably didn't get many answers because not many people are able to accurately measure thier rotor thickness. so tend to just ignore the problem.

thepurist

I change mine when the thinest part is approx. 70% of the original thickness. You probably didn't get many answers because not many people are able[b]bothered[/b] to accurately measure thier rotor thickness. so tend to just ignore the problem.

fixed that for you 😉

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Rotor Wear – when to change?’ is closed to new replies.