Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Rockshox Reba negative pressure
  • muzzle
    Free Member

Hello all, last question on my new Rebas (I hope!).

I’ve set positive and negative pressures to 100psi to start with. Every time I attach the shock pump again, the positive pressure is pretty much where I left it when I last removed the pump, whereas the negative pressure seems to have dropped every time. Is that just because a little bit of air loss from reattaching the pump is magnified in the negative because of the much smaller air volume?

For what its worth, I’ve left the pump attached to the negative for some time and the pressure hasn’t fallen on the gauge while I’ve been watching it, and yet I can remove the pump and immediately reattach it and the pressure has dropped by around 20psi in no time.

If I’m correct in my assumption, is it safe to assume that the pressure is lost on reattachment rather than when I’m removing the pump? If the former, no problem; if the latter then it’s obviously a concern if my forks are not at the pressure I’ve set them.

I’m reasonably sure there’s nothing to worry about or any fault, but if anyone can reassure me (or indeed tell me there IS a problem) I’d appreciate it.

Thanks.

offthebrakes
    Free Member

Is that just because a little bit of air loss from reattaching the pump is magnified in the negative because of the much smaller air volume?

Yes, exactly that.

If I’m correct in my assumption, is it safe to assume that the pressure is lost on reattachment rather than when I’m removing the pump?

And that.

retro83
    Free Member

yes you’re right, nothing to worry about

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Rockshox Reba negative pressure’ is closed to new replies.