Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 86 total)
  • RIP Smiley Culture
  • allthepies
    Free Member

Grief ?

yossarian
    Free Member

What did you deal loddrik?

Dobbo

konabunny, why do you think I objected to anything in your post, after all it’s based on thin air like….like half the other posts on this thread that are speculating on what happened in the house.

Why would you think I give a flying **** about a missing full stop or grammer, lol.

bwoolymbr
    Free Member

Loddrik

I’d be interested to hear why you ‘had to’ follow in the footsteps of the criminal scum that surrounded you…Was it peer pressure? Were there literally no jobs and no opportunities to be had?

I think the reality is that people are too lazy to actually go out and graft for a normal wage and they make a conscious choice to become a drug dealing scumbag (or commit other crimes) in order to get a large tax free income for minimal hours work/effort, whilst still probably claiming £££s in benefits from the hard working taxpayers.

Oh, and as for the “But there’s no jobs” excuse…

1) My backside are/were there no no jobs; that’s the laziness speaking!
    2) Commute further afield if there’s no positions available locally?

EDIT: Sorry oldgit, I seem to have got my wires (or eyes) a bit crossed when reading the previous page!

yunki
    Free Member

yunki, dear yunki, I’m not sure that I can accept your explanation

aahh well.. 🙂

Woody
    Free Member

Eh? What has oldgit done? Has a post been deleted?

Surreal thread 😕

binners

Just out of interest, I’d like to hear the people slagging off drug dealers give a description of what they imagine this mythical beast to be? It’s a catch all term used by the tabloids and generally used to conjur up unsavoury images. Violent? Of ‘colour’? Very rich? Unemployable? Predatory? Tasteless? Uncaring?

This is utter cobblers of course! The irony being that the middle class journalists who spoon-feed you this crap come across their ilk all the time. They probably went to school with them. As did you.

We live in a capitalist society where the true laws of supply and demand, economic and otherwise, are adhered too religiously by one industry only. And that industry is illegal and demonised

The irony is delicious

stilltortoise
    Free Member

on the morality bit.. I think drug dealing is only frowned upon by those who follow a certain moral compass..

So you’re saying a person’s morals define their morality. Genius 😆

allthepies
    Free Member

description of what they imagine this mythical beast to be

A criminal ? Found in all walks of life/cultures yadda yadda.

binners

A criminal ?

That isn’t a description. That’s just two words.

stilltortoise
    Free Member

This is getting silly…or funny. Not sure yet, so will keep watching with interest

yunki
    Free Member

So you’re saying a person’s morals define their morality

yes..

As an argument against someone inferring that there is an accepted morality..

what did I do wrong..? 😕

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

As there appear to be several people on here claiming being a drug dealer is an acceptable profession I wonder – are these people happy to tell their friends and family that is how they earn a living or have in the past earned a living?

(I say ‘earned’ in the broadest sense of the term).

Drac

. They probably went to school with them. As did you.

I did with at least one, who was fairly recently charged with selling drugs to school kids as they came out the school. But that’s not his fault it’s where he grew up in the same town as me so had no choice. A bit like me I also deal in drugs but I’m licensed to as I decided to get a job.

oldgit
    Free Member

I ain’t done nothing?

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

the other articles I read had a bit more detail and suggest that the police allowed him to go and make a cup of tea at which point he stabbed himself.

I didn’t know that.

You know it’s stuff like that, which makes you realise what a damn decent chap your average good ol’ British bobby is.

They go round to arrest a guy in connection with a serious drug related offence and they let him make himself a nice civilised cup of tea.

No doubt as they smashed their way through his front door with big ****-off sledge hammers and battling rams, the coppers caused the poor man some worry and anxiety. I can imagine what happened next.

Having seen the perturbed look on the pitiful soul’s face, I’m sure one of the coppers must have said to him, “Look mate, you look rather pale, why don’t you go to the kitchen whilst we wait here and make us all a nice cup of tea. I’ll have 2 sugars in mine, and don’t forget the biscuits.”

People are always very quick to knock the police, but it is this sort of civilised behaviour which the British copper so special.

I wonder whether they would also have let him check his emails, and perhaps empty his washing machine, before taking him down the station to nick him. ……I bet they would’ve.

And btw samuri – yep, it was definitely sunday………..that’s my story, and I’m sticking to it.

At all other times I was logged on STW. Probably.

yunki
    Free Member

are these people happy to tell their friends and family that is how they earn a living

depends where you come from doesn’t it..
    I was sat having a spliff with my mates Nan one sunny afternoon as she and I came down off some good pills.. I wondered if I could ever sit with my own Nan doing the same.. or with my Mum..

My Dad would have loved it had he been around..

So realising that it would offend my folk’s more puritanical sensibilities I started to question my own motives.. I gave up using recreational drugs not long after this epiphany..

Drac

I was sat having a spliff with my mates Nan one sunny afternoon as she and I came down off some good pills..

Rohypnol?

yunki
    Free Member

Rohypnol?

Aye.. she was a rum old bugger that one..

Drac

PMSL!

clubber
    Free Member

Great ernie. What’s most likely? He stabbed himself or the police stabbed him? BTW not for a moment commenting on whether they knew that might be an outcome of letting him go and make the cup of tea – giving the guy enough rope and all…

Dobbo

Meth is my favourite drug with out people dealing in that we wouldn’t have the Faces of Meth before and after shots to have a giggle at.

Faces of Meth.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

No clubber. I don’t think the police went round to arrest a guy in connection with a serious drug related offence, but then decided to stab him instead.

I have no idea what happened, I wasn’t there …… honest.

The scenario I offered was just simply trying to put some flesh on your suggestion that they let him go off to the kitchen to make a cup of tea.

Dobbo

The scenario I offered was just simply trying to put some flesh on your suggestion that they let him go off to the kitchen to make a cup of tea.

I didn’t realise Clubber wrote for so many newspapers and news websites that have the same info in them. Respect.

yossarian
    Free Member

Were any drugs or other evidence found at his house?

Dobbo

“Smiley – who also had a big hit with Cockney Translation about the struggle of Jamaicans to understand London accents – was already on bail over a £250,000 cocaine seizure before yesterday’s 7am raid on his home in Warlingham, Surrey. ”

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

No I didn’t realise that either Dobbo. But what I was aware of, was that Clubber offered me a suggestion as to how he came to stab himself.

BTW Dobbo, you never came back to me on that thread about the Falklands. I was hoping to hear your deep analytical perspective about the causes of the war. What happened…..did you poke yourself in the eye with a dessert spoon or something ?

yossarian
    Free Member

That’s not what I asked, in my experience of police raids the cops lockdown the site very very quickly and the notion that you can pop out for a brew is frankly ludicrous.

binners

If they’d all have had some nice cake with the tea, this whole frightful business could probably have been avoided

Dobbo

But what I was aware of, was that Clubber offered me a suggestion as to how he came to stab himself.

Offered you a suggestion, that was offered to him by news sources readily available to anyone connected to the WWW.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Which is probably the reason why I didn’t leave out the bit where he had said :

“the other articles I read had a bit more detail “

🙄

nacho
    Free Member

I liked Smiley Culture and his music and it’s sad has died whatever the circumstances. I don’t agree with selling drugs on the street although I am pro-legalisation. Anyway we talk about drug dealers ruining peoples lives when one of societies biggest debates is the sale of cheap alcohol and the misery it causes people. Does that make Tesco, Asda, your local off licence etc drug dealers and peddlers of misery? If not don’t judge people who sell drugs as any worse than your average liquor retailer

Dobbo

Which is probably the reason why I didn’t leave out the bit where you had said :

Assuming that when you said YOUR SUGGESTION you meant it was his suggestion.

🙄

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Your suggestion which you took from “the other articles”, is that better Dobbo ?

God you’re thick mate. No wonder you didn’t bother coming back onto the Falklands thread after dropping a crass personal insult.

clubber
    Free Member

So whose suggestion is whose and who’s suggesting who’s suggesting what about whose suggestion?

Dobbo

Your suggestion which you took from “the other articles”, is that better Dobbo ?

Not really, if can’t see the difference between what someone suggests and what someone states as having read from reliable sources then I not only suggest it’s you that is the thick one, I state this thread proves it. 😆

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Sorry mate, this is too sad….whatever.

Dobbo

Did you go red when you read back through you posts and saw how wrong you were? 😆

yossarian
    Free Member

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Maybe poor David/Smiley should’ve instead worked in a perfectly respectable and legal profession that would’ve met with the approval of the STW Little Englanders.

I dunno, something like a weapons manufacturer. Cos that’s morally ok, isn’t it?

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 86 total)

The topic ‘RIP Smiley Culture’ is closed to new replies.