Viewing 14 posts - 81 through 94 (of 94 total)
  • Riding in Surrey
  • joolsburger
    Free Member

Ah but then what tyres for swoopy rooty bits eh eh eh??? Me I like Verticals but they are too cheap and I must admit to a sense of shame at the Peaslake Shop when everyone else is on expensive rubber and my tyres cost less than a packet of johnnies.

There’s a lot of money at that tea shop of a Sunday.

freeridenick
    Free Member

oh err can’t stand Verticals…

Minions 2.35 Front and Front for me

your right about the bikes though! My secondhand PA frame that i ride round here was 120 quid 4 years ago! and its seems to be faster than
    alot of frames it meets on the trails….

although have just bought a Kobe Ti which will shortly be built..that was 300 quid 😯

joolsburger
    Free Member

Nah I love em 40psi and bobs your uncle. I’m not shelling out 60 quid for tyres sod that..

freeridenick
    Free Member

you would be amazed as to to how much better a minion is and at 30psi..so grippy compared (especially in the wet) I found the verticals such hard rubber tht sits on top of the trail not in it.

joolsburger
    Free Member

Yeah but I don’t have any issue with them seem grippy enough to me. Might try something new come the summer..

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

just googled Kobe ti, got this page:

found my problem:

“Lightness requires very different riding technique… You skim and bounce, hop and dance, and when it goes wrong you’re not just going to get away with it with a bit of momentum, it all happens very quickly!”

explains why I keep falling off, my FS is only 25lbs 🙁

njee20
    Free Member

My FS is just over 20lbs, and is just peachy on the Surrey Hills! Rocket Ron/Furious Fred combo FTW, 2″, 25psi. Fast as anything!

freeridenick
    Free Member

Thats the Kobe – hopefully it should be a Helium filled ride after my PA which must weigh 30ish with coil pikes etc.

freeridenick
    Free Member

just looked at a furious fred tyre – they look bald!!! surely useless in the winter?

from CRC
    “But be aware: It is not an all rounder. Grip is limited and risk of puncturing is high.” 😯

njee20
    Free Member

Yeah totally useless in winter! I was joking, although they are awesome in summer.

Tend to just use whatever’s on the bike in winter, Mud Xs, Ralphs, Rons or Nics, then Rons, then Freds when it’s really dry.

A Fred on the back at least would be fine in conditions as it is now.

winterfold
    Free Member

Why is that rooty off camber one called secret squirrel?

jhw
    Free Member

Nick & co, when I return from Brussels in September (if I return) it would be great to see some of the good stuff you must know around Ranmore – I know some of it but always get the sense there’s more…

nb Alps dates this year are Chamonix June 11 – 16 and July 16-31, and Verbier September 3-10 with the possibility of additional time tacked on at the end depending on employment situation.

freeridenick
    Free Member

No probs, happy to show you some of the ranmore stuff – its my back yard.

Chamonix should be good earlier this year as its been a dire winter for snow, so should melt out quicker. Off down there tomorrow for a week of ski touring in the Vanoise 😛 Going to be hot hot hot…

steve_b77
    Free Member

All sounds very exciting, roots, loamy trails not many rocks – sounds like another version of Cheshire 😀

Viewing 14 posts - 81 through 94 (of 94 total)

The topic ‘Riding in Surrey’ is closed to new replies.