Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Riding in devon, near Totnes.
  • stoofus
    Free Member

Am going down to stop with the inlaws relatives for a few days before the wife's uncle's wedding. gonna be stopping in a little village called stoke gabriel near totnes. Can anyone point me in the direction of some good singletrack or some coastal tracks i can spend a couple of hours on. Driving 30 minutes or so wouldnt be an issue. Maps would be a bonus.

slugwash
    Free Member

When are you coming down? I live on the other side of the river from Stoke Gabriel. There's also Dartmoor trails within 30 minutes drive of where you'll be.

lethal_frizzle
    Free Member

haldon hill near exeter is good for a bit of simple waymarked singletrack if you're into that, not a bad trail. defo get up to dartmoor though if you can!

stoofus
    Free Member

Comin down tomorrow actually! been down to stoke gabriel a fair few times, some decent looking contours around there!

slugwash
    Free Member

Comin down tomorrow actually!

That soon? Unfortunately I'll be busy for the next few days! Google Dartmoor Routes and see what you can find around the Avon Dam or Bovey Tracey. Or, as mentined by lethal_frizzle, do Haldon.

Also, Totnes Tourist Information (next to Morrisons) sells a booklet with maps and several local MTB routes around Dartmouth/Blackawton. You'd have to take the ferry from Galmpton to Dittisham or Kingswear to Dartmouth to get to the routes though. Have fun.

julianwilson
    Free Member

i have heard via wife's colleague who lived there that stoke gabriel has a very, err, 'vibrant' middle-age swinging scene. 😯 😯

Enjoy your stay!

stoofus
    Free Member

I too have heard similar stories but experienced none! However being 27, I may on the cusp. A full report will be posted on return!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Riding in devon, near Totnes.’ is closed to new replies.