Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Revelation Dual Position Vs Fox Talas
  • edoverheels
    Free Member

As it says in the title. Currently doing a bike build and considering Revelation 120 – 150mm dual position sag or Fox Talas 110- 140mm.
    Any thoughts from anyone in the know?
    NB What happened to fork prices since I last built a bike? Most things similar but forks through the roof.

stuartanicholson
    Free Member

As far as I know the rev doesnt come in a 2 step version.

Just (well in april!) changed from a set of 09 36 talas to a set of rev team u-turns (with the new blackbox damping). Damping wise they arent too different now…the blackbox is a real improvement on the standard mo-co. Moral of the story, i would take either fox or rockshox…both are high maintenance and both have very good damping.

chunkypaul
    Free Member

As far as I know the rev doesnt come in a 2 step version.

not 2 step (hydraulic) stuart, but dual position (air spring)

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=54605

i’ve tried a 2009 talas 32 140mm fork – wasn’t that impressed with it and sold it on, hoping the 20mm 150-120mm will be a better fork for my HT

the fox is stupidly high maintenance compared to a RS fork, i also have a 2010 RLT Ti 150mm fork and it is very nice now it has bedded in and i’ve found the sweet spot with the air pressures, although the dual position version is solo air spring system so slightly different

edoverheels
    Free Member

Thanks for the help.
    Long term maintenance is an issue and so I think the Revelations are edging it at the moment.

Northwind

I’d want to know more about the Revelations… U-turn’s great because the fork’s not compromised at all at any length, unlike TALAS and some others… But obviously more of a pain to adjust. If the dual position works the same then that’s a winner, if it doesn’t then maybe not. I’d also want to avoid being an early adopter- sure Rockshox make durable kit but they made a total balls of 2-step after all and the u-turn in the latest revs had loads of teething troubles too before it was sorted.

Still, if dual position delivers on its promise it’ll be a Good Thing.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Revelation Dual Position Vs Fox Talas’ is closed to new replies.