• This topic has 7 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by nbt.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Revelation Damper Oil
  • Tim
    Free Member

Hey up

Might be a bit of a daft question, but I cant find the info on the net (googlefail)

Need to replace the motion control assembly in a revelation, so need to replace the oil…

…whats the best stuff to use?

In past experience, there was always the official fork oil, and then identical motorbike oil for about a 10th of the price 🙂

Cheers

Tim

nbt

AIUI, motorbike oil has additives to help the seals expand – which is fine ona motorbike with all that weight and power, but can cause stiction problems on an MTB. YMMV

uplink
    Free Member

motorbike oil has additives to help the seals expand

most don't – those that do are usually marked as containing something like 'seal swell'

Rockshox re-brand Torco RFF as their own but bizarrely change the numbers e.g. Rockshox RS15 is in fact Torco RFF 20

Rockshox oils chart [up to 2007] can be found here
    http://www.sram.com/en/service/rockshox/oil_chart.php

Tim
    Free Member

Ah ok cheers

So according to that I need 5wgt and 15wgt

I'll nip to halfords then, and avoid anything that mentions seal swelling 🙂

Cheers!

Tim

Entonox
    Free Member

Use Silkolene Pro RSF 2.5wt and 5wt

Suspension fluid explained (excellent resource).

Mix chart

So you'll need to mix 2.5wt / 5wt in a 82% / 18% ratio to get the required viscosity.

Cheers.

Entonox
    Free Member

Go to a motorbike shop for Silkolene.

Don't think you'll find Torco here in the UK.

uplink
    Free Member

Torco is reasonably easy to get here but yes, Silkolene or similar will be a lot easier to find from 'bricks & mortar' shops

nbt

for what it's worth when I was looking for 15wt for my revelations, Crazy legs offered to pick it up from the motorbike shop round the corner from his house. They were charging £15 per litre. I paid £8 yesterday in my LBS.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Revelation Damper Oil’ is closed to new replies.