Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Recommend me some Hope brakes.
  • imp999
    Free Member

12 stone Mincer on a hardtail riding mostly cross-country.
    They will be second hand (like most of my stuff!)so older designs included.

Thanks.

RagTi
    Free Member

Far better brand new 2012 brakes available than second hand hopes.
    Try the brand new 2012 Taperbore Elixer 5s from merlin, fully bled, F&R, with discs for £125!!!….uber bling, mine arrived yesterday

If you really want hope, keep and eye on http://www.flatoutcycles.co.uk, think they had some second hand mono minis last week about £180

kev

vegasdave
    Free Member

Mono Minis would be fine…I’ve got some…and some X2s. Just look for the newest that you can afford.

bigblackshed

Shimano Deore or SLX.

RagTi
    Free Member

yeah brand new 2011 deore set on merlin for £90, I had these on a genesis, far better than some formula K24s and hope moni mini pros (they were gash!!!!)

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

second hand mono minis – I have several sets I have bought. All fine and powerful. should be about £60 an end. I have bought mainly from ebay But you can get brand new shimanos for that.

I’d go for IS mount for the rear so no faffage with slotted mounts, whatever fitting is or post mount fits your fork with no mount.

imp999
    Free Member

I’ve had Avids and Formulas and just fancy some Hopes as the current Avids on the lad’s bike are failing so he can have mine & I can have new.
    I don’t like the idea of the Shimanos being non-repairable.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me some Hope brakes.’ is closed to new replies.