Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Recommend me some gloves please
  • jamesgarbett
    Free Member

Full finger
    With some protection
    Not fussed about warmth or waterproof

getonyourbike
    Free Member

I like my Fox Sidewinders

getonyourbike
    Free Member

Double post…

Trekster

been looking at gloves last few weeks and struggling to find anything I like. everything is so thin these days? really liked the look of the new royal stuff which the shops I have looked in are stocking. visually nice but wafer thin, not what I look for in a glove. the search continues…………………

brakes
    Free Member

Troy Lee XC.
    best gloves ever.
    too thin?
    wear two pairs.

cardo

Alpinestars Gravity…
    Recommended by LBS and they’ve been brill

santacruzsi
    Free Member

I have a pair of 661 Raji’s which are very good and i use them as a summer glove and also a pair of Fox Sidewinders. I prefer the 661’s though! Pretty cheap, generally around £18

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

http://www.evanscycles.com/products/specialized/enduro-glove-ec018191

Got some of these a few weeks ago and they aren’t bad. Not mad on the looks but otherwise pretty good especially for the price. Sizes are limited now though.

mrplow
    Free Member

The 2011 Specialized enduros are super comfy and thin. The 2012s have a bit more meat to them and still super comfy. I try on tons of gloves in the shop and have always ended up with the spec enduros as they fit my hands so well. Binned my first set of spec gloves a week ago which were 2004s and came free with my bike.

nickewen
    Free Member

I bought some Troy Lee Grand Prix’s a good few years back now and they’re the dogs. Good durable glove with great grip and decent amount of protection, not a XC glove but still not over sweaty on summers days

messiah
    Free Member

Answer Fall Line XC Gloves are good. Thicker and feel better quality than the gloves I’ve been wearing for the last few years (Thor and Royal).

rewski
    Free Member

Check out royal, fairly cheap and fit the larger hand, subtle too, unless you like gloves that have been designed by an 8 year old boy.

Coyote
    Free Member

Dakine. Not sure of the make but a very good glove that has proved to be quite durable.

661 are very hit and miss quality wise. I’ve had some last a couple of years, others a couple of weeks.

sputnik
    Free Member

Troy Lee XC is what you want.

creamegg
    Free Member

Fox Digit gloves. Really comfy, good grip and very durable. Had them for the last 2 years and despite several falls their still in good condition. When they do eventually wear out i’ll be getting the same again

marcusmtb
    Free Member

I really like these…

http://www.davemellorcycles.com/productdetails.asp?productid=16339

I see they just brought out a new ‘touch screen compatible’ version too, for those who just can’t stay off their precious phones while riding lol

http://www.evanscycles.com/products/specialized/bg-gel-wiretap-glove-ec032762

mooman
    Free Member

Gore gloves are the best fitting gloves i have ever had. Still quite new, so bit early to comment on how they stand up to wear & tear.

I had Thor gloves that lasted a good few years. Good fitting and survived plenty of off ‘s where the hands landed 1st.

pickle
    Free Member

any 661’s for £10 on CRC

bruneep

TL XC

hambl90
    Free Member

Troylee Xc here too

chakaping
    Free Member

Dakine gloves are excellent. I have the Highwires, they do other models too though.

kayak23

Troy lee xc are THE gloves. However, pink is the only colour for ultimate radness…

pickle
    Free Member
    kiwijohn

Oakley Factory pilots for summer
    Troy Lee GP’s for winter.

brakes
    Free Member

why spend anymore than this?

false economy?
    I wear my gloves every day, so they need to be durable.
    Specialized and Troy Lee outlast everything from Fox, Oakley, 661 and Sombrio by a country mile.

pickle
    Free Member

Sure it is, cos 661 gloves are rubbish right? christ mine last for about a year before the thumb goes and that’s riding MTBs and BMX with them.

But hey maybe they’re not as ‘cool’ or expensive 🙂

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me some gloves please’ is closed to new replies.