Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • recommend me a sturdy/bombproof phone
  • binners

I don't know what I do to phones, but I'm going through them at a fair old rate. Mainly because I'm a big clumsy oaf who's constantly dropping them, falling off my bike with them in my pocket etc. My Samsung Tocca Ultra (less than a year old) is the latest victim

Can anyone suggest a decent phone that will take a bit of abuse. Everything I've tried so far can't cope with my cack-handedness

Cheers

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

A slightly odd approach but recently got a decent quality case for my HTC Desire and it now appears to be almost bombproof. Gives you more freedom of choice.

http://www.case-mate.com/HTC-Desire-Cases/Case-Mate-HTC-Desire-Tough-Cases.asp

A few ebayers sell them.

scruff
    Free Member

I was looking at some but the decent ones like Sonim cost a fortune. There was a Samsung one that wasnt too much but I have A Samsung and dont like how it works. Theres also a Nokia 5140 or something. I think these are all marketed as 'Rugged Phones'.

Grrrr- Im a Grizzzly

dave_aber
    Free Member

Nokia 5500 Sport. Only available second hand or NOS now, but very rugged. Tiny screen in comparison with modern offerings, but still do web, email, MMS, and even phone calls. Can be dunked in a pint as a party piece with no ill effects.

chutney13
    Free Member

nokia 3720 classic is what i'm going for next.

Admiralable
    Free Member

There's a landrover phone too which is supposed to be tough.

becky_kirk43
    Free Member

I had a sony ericsson w810i, that was pretty bombproof, survived falling out of my pocket on a road ride, as well as various other drops (some involving puddles!), now passed on to my even clumsier dad.

beej
    Simon

I've had a Nokia 3720 for about 6 months. It's water and dust resistant and is lasting well so far.

I've not abused it quite this much though, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxRwEtIOumE

Filthy
    Free Member

The land rover is the same as the sonim and JCB phones, they look quite tough, I'll probably get one for biking when my Nokia 6something classic dies… 5 years old and I still havent managed to break it, although the numbers have worn off so it's a bit tricky to text.

Terrydactyl

I would go for the Nokia 3720.

Had mine a year now.

Its not 3G but always gets reception even where my mates Iphones can't, so i can get weather forecast etc.

Battery lfe is good especially with BT turned off (4-6 days).

So far so good. Not fashionable, but bloody functionable.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘recommend me a sturdy/bombproof phone’ is closed to new replies.