Viewing 25 posts - 41 through 65 (of 65 total)
  • Recommend me a Hardtail
  • SOAP
    Free Member

456,soul,chumba in that order maybe!
    I want an the best allrounder!

ton

i have owned pretty much most of the hardtails mentioned, some of them twice.
    out of them all the ragley blue pig is the comfiest and nicest to ride.

Travis

anyone ride a P8?

SOAP
    Free Member

Is the blue pig rear mech hanger a bit thin and bendy?

jcromton
    Free Member

You should get a NS bikes surge.

brant
    Free Member

Is the blue pig rear mech hanger a bit thin and bendy?

6.4mm of chromoly says no.

ampthill

Brant brakes the first rule fo the internet

rumours must no be denied, supressed or inferred with. In particular they must not be under mined by the use of informed opinion or even worse accuarte facts

however as Brant started it

for a frame manafacturers point of view an integral steel mech hanger is a disaster as they can't charge you 15 quid for a tiny bit of metal every time you clonk your rear mech. Even worse than that shoud you suceed in bending it you can proably bend it back, thus missing out on selling another frame…..

Northwind

Of the ones I've ridden, 456 if you want cheap, Soul if you don't. But I'm looking forward to the glentress demo day for a go on a Ragley, though slightly worried I'll like it more than the Soul (it'd only be fair, last year I had a Scandal and sold it after riding a Soul)

SOAP
    Free Member

Think Im gonna get a 456 size 16" and if I like that I will chop the wolfridge for something with a bit more bling!
    I can live with £150 tester 456!
    If there are any good condition ones out there paypal ready next weekend
    cheers

scotabroad

853 Prince Albert – I like it – a lot!

mk1fan
    Free Member

Kit, Pikes are too long for a Handjob. Stiffee for me.

Wozza
    Free Member

I'm on a Blizzard and it's great. Rides a lot better with a 115mm fork, top tube is nice and low so it skips off the rough stuff underneath you. Can't recommend one enough.

and the paint job is class…

big-chief-96
    Free Member

i cant post my new 456 summer season as its still in the post but when I have built it up ill be sure to let everyone know :mrgreen:

nickc

a frame manafacturers (sic) point of view an integral steel mech hanger is a disaster as they can't charge you 15 quid for a tiny bit of metal every time you clonk your rear mech

Or indeed, making you buy a whole new frame because they haven't fitted a sacrificial (cheaper) part… 🙄

andywarner
    Free Member

P7

takisawa2

This £135 Inbred frame seems very nice.

Kit
    Free Member

Kit, Pikes are too long for a Handjob

Ah, that'll teach me to read the original post properly next time!

mk1fan
    Free Member

To be fair there do seem to be plenty out there that do run Pikes on them.

SOAP
    Free Member

Taciswa was that Inbreed new at £135?

dano
    Free Member

IMO these are the beez neez for the money…
    They have a sale on at the mo, and the build quality is better than the on1…
    http://www.dialledbikes.com/products/mtb/prince-albert.php

Trekster

Northwind – Member
    Of the ones I've ridden, 456 if you want cheap, Soul if you don't. But I'm looking forward to the glentress demo day for a go on a Ragley, though slightly worried I'll like it more than the Soul (it'd only be fair, last year I had a Scandal and sold it after riding a Soul)

If you are down the Dumfries way before the GT event give me a shout and you can have a go on my Pig. Built on the cheap mind. Only new bits were the cables.

RRD
    Free Member

I love my Cove Stiffee The bike is a fantastic hooligan bike. It encourages me to chuck it around. I accept it's not the "comfiest" bike out there but then I don't believe hardtails are that comfy… That's what my full sus is for.

All day rides, multi day rides, short blasts etc. Just a fun bike

tootin

Spooky!

"So light, you'll think, "hey, this is pretty light."

macbrother
    Free Member

Or… you could try my lovely Pace RC303

ampthill

a frame manafacturers (sic) point of view an integral steel mech hanger is a disaster as they can't charge you 15 quid for a tiny bit of metal every time you clonk your rear mech

Or indeed, making you buy a whole new frame because they haven't fitted a sacrificial (cheaper) part…

Ever cone across a steel mech hanger that couldn't be bent back?

Viewing 25 posts - 41 through 65 (of 65 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a Hardtail’ is closed to new replies.