Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Recommend a PS3 game for a 32yr old bloke
  • specializedneeds

I’ve left it late and it’s already Monday night in Oz. I’m thinking something from Amazon UK so it will arrive Tuesday (UK address)?

He already has GT5 and COD and I know v. little about games, maybe a soccer one?

TIA

rewski
    Free Member

Dirt3

johnners
    Free Member

Portal 2

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Which CoD? I only ever buy CoD and have enjoyed every one of them 🙂

Milkie
    Free Member

MotorStorm Apolocypse? Only £25 from Amazon.

specializedneeds

Cheers people.

Leaning towards Dirt 3. Is FIFA 11 any good?

Cougar

Speaking as an Xobox owner, the best game I’ve played on the PS3 is Heavy Rain.

Lifer
    Free Member

Red Dead Redemption was the best game I played on PS3

seosamh77
    Free Member

bad company 2!

monkey_boy
    Free Member

get COD balck ops and play zombies, its amazing!

Cougar

Red Dead Redemption was the best game I played on PS3

Good point. RDR is the best thing I’ve played on the Xbox in ages.

racefaceec90

the elder scrolls oblivion game of the year edition 😉

chvck
    Free Member

Bullet storm is a good laugh! You can get lost for days playing oblivion though….

muppet4
    Free Member

+ 1 bad company 2 – vietnam pack !

stanley

Slight Hijack-
    So I’m a 42 year old with a PS3 but struggle with a lot of these games!
    Where can I get some pointers from?
    I have RDR, but just aimlessly wander around. Same with GTA. Managed to finish Black Ops on its easiest setting (eventually!)

Saccades
    Free Member

Stanley – google gamefaq, very good for walkthroughs and the like for all platforms. Also keeps the popups down to a minimum. IGN is also pretty good for stuff.

As for games to get for the PS3, Uncharted (1 or 2) are very cheap and excellent to play, 3 is due out in 12 months. Currently playing the Free Infamous and enjoying it loads.

Oblivion has a counter-intuitive levelling system and you can fiddle the game using an elastic band so that it’s easy anyways.

Much prefer DragonAge (and a new one is out soon as a continue on), a lot more to it I thought, certainly more enjoyable.

Valkyerie Chronicles (sp) is excellent strategy/RPG game that wasn’t advertised enough.

Ah, a pressie – a great one would be to buy him PSN credit for Australia (make sure you sort it as Au credit).

McHamish
    Free Member

You can get lost for days playing oblivion though….

Whilst I enjoyed the game initially…I got a little bored after a while of not getting anywhere!

Although I do have a short attention span when it comes to games and have a bookshelf full of unfinished games!

Lifer
    Free Member

Valkyerie Chronicles

Is that the turn-based steam-punk tank game?

McHamish
    Free Member

I’m playing L.A. Noire at the moment…quite good and a change of pace from my usual first person run around shooting games.

Saccades
    Free Member

Valkyerie ChroniclesIs that the turn-based steam-punk tank game?

dunno what steam punk is, but it’s an ace turn based small unit and tank game.

rossrobot
    Free Member

Another vote for Bad Company 2. Both the original and the Vietnam add on are awesome. You need to be online to the most out of it.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Recommend a PS3 game for a 32yr old bloke’ is closed to new replies.