Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • reba service help, water in “gate”
  • dmjb4
    Free Member

The gate cap came loose from my 2008 Reba SL forks. (the little bung at the top of the damping leg) When washing the bike later I have managed to get some water in somewhere, it was making an odd noise when compressed anyhow.

So, any idea what is likely to need fixing? I have disassembled the forks, but the gate is part of the motion control damper, which appears to be one complete unit. So how does it work -the red coloured shell is not compressable, so what moves? Can I cycle the assembly a few times to clear it of any water?

Also what does the rebound adjuster turn inside the fork leg? I can’t tell from the exploded diagrams.

Thanks!

Stoner
    Free Member

I doubt you managed to get any water in there unless you opened it up or applied huge jet wash pressures to the adjuster shaft with the blue knob taken off.

If you “dissasembled” the fork I assume you mean you took the motion control damper out (the red plastic thing). You should be able to see the damping oil in the upper leg now. If you’re really woriied you could do replace the oil – follow the instructions o nthe ROckshox website – http://sram.com/_media/pdf/rockshox/dealers/TM_MY09_E.pdf

BoardinBob

The “noise” is quite normal and it’s just the damper unit working

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘reba service help, water in “gate”’ is closed to new replies.