Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • re-wiring the brain/life changes – any tips?
  • BobaFatt
    Free Member

Ok, maybe it’s staring at chocolate Easter eggs or ordering a t shirt online that feels 2 sizes to small that got me thinking……who knows?

I’m your a-typical chunker. Mid thirties, not paid much attention to what I’ve been putting in my gob, smokes, enjoys a few beers (in all honesty and no lieing, maybe 6 to 8 a week) Works in IT (so sitting about all day) 2 bikes in the garage that don’t see enough daylight.

Recently I’ve been cycling more, 2-3 times a week, 6 – 10 miles at a time. I’m really getting a kick out of it, enjoying it more and more when I go out. My stamina is going up, It’s taking less time after a ride to feel less like I’m about to die. This has been going on for about 3 months but I have seen no difference in my waistline at all (if anything I probably feel fatter) I don’t eat much in a day, breakfast/dinner/no lunch/the odd snack/hardly any fruit/too many crisps.

So what have people done to make a life change and stuck with it? I know what I need to do, but I am interested to hear other peoples stories.

Cheers (coffee this time, not beer)

Mackem

You need to do some longer rides. Take a sarnie with you. Ride 2 hours to somewhere nice. Sit and look at the view for half an hour and eat your sarnie. Ride home.

Lawmanmx
    Free Member

take stock of the time you waste doing crappy things every day and add them up over a week then realise how much time (your life) your actualy wasting, also, the stuff you put into your gob could be changed by a little reserch on what those foods contain and the havoc they reek when inside your (one and only) body.
    oh .. Happy easter egg day, Lol 😆

crikey
    Free Member

All mickey taking aside, 6-10 miles is more like a long walk than a bike ride. I’m not saying that to be a fool, but pointing out that you have a good opportunity to do so much more.

When it snows and I can’t ride my bike, I walk from where I live into the nearest big city. It’s 6 miles, it takes just over an hour.

You can do so much more, just build up to it slowly, enjoy each bit…

butcher

I was in a similar position. Sitting behind a desk all day. Smoking. Drinking. (not while I was at work of course.) And I suppose with ageing as well the pounds were gradually getting more and more, and for the first time in my life I was becoming a bit of a porker…

I would ride a bit. like yourself, about 6 or 10 miles after work. But the fat would just keep on coming. It was a bit scary.

So I stopped smoking and drinking (I still ave a couple of cans on a weekend), and started riding harder. Turning that 10 miles into a good workout. Adding in a few more hills. And my weight moved very little!

So I had a look at what I was eating too. And I shook that up quite a lot. I would eat two sandwiches at work (4 slices of bread) a packet of crisps and a bar of chocolate. And I would still feel hungry all day. I replaced the sandwiches with a tuna salad, swapped the crisps for museli, and the chocolate became a banana. That looked a bit sparse, so I started adding other stuff in: carot sticks, nuts, cheese…anything natural. And now I find I’m less hungry during the day…AND I’m actually beginning to loose weight.

Started cycling even more. Riding to work occasionally. Sometimes clocking up 150 miles a week, and it’s still a bit slower than I would like, but the scales are continuing in the right direction. And the other half has recently started a diet so we haven’t even got any crap in the house to eat when I get home, and so the scales have took anoter dive…

It all counts.

Jamie
    Free Member

Boba Thin?

Nah.

Keep eating those creme eggs, fella. It’s worth it for the pun 8)

Lawmanmx
    Free Member

well done butcher, thats the way to do it 🙂 … try and keep away from the bread and wheat products tho fellas, its murder on the waistline, i dont normaly eat bread but a while ago i had a sandwich every lunchtime for 8 days straight and i put 9lbs on … i kid you not 🙁

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘re-wiring the brain/life changes – any tips?’ is closed to new replies.