Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 253 total)
  • Rate the last movie you watched.
  • MrsToast
    Free Member

Scott Pilgrim. Ultra nerdy film,utterly ridiculous and utterly fantastic.

DezB
    Free Member

Just watched a classic with my boy – I would give it a 9/10 despite its age:
    JAWS.

john-charles
    Free Member

Godzilla Final Wars

Legendary

nicko74

Monsters

Very good, 4.5/5. And that was despite having a ‘the critics all love it so I’m going to hate it despite myself’ worry.

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

Primer.

A “serious” time travel film. I’m still confused.

Its on youtube btw
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tb_kX-30AGE[/video]

2tyred

A flurry of recent babysitting has seen a flurry of recent cinema visits. Using the Sunday Post’s film rating system:

We Need To Talk About Kevin – ROSES – brilliantly done, superbly stylised, Lionel Shriver must have been delighted as it could have all gone horribly wrong.

Midnight In Paris – RASPS – reasonable idea and some amusing moments, but in true Woody Allen fashion unnecessarily laboured to the point of annoying.

Tyrannosaur – ROSES – Paddy Considine’s whimsical laugh-a-minute fun-filled romp – what larks, Pip! Grim, uncomfortable and captivating.

Melancholia – ROSES – quite honestly the best film I’ve seen in a couple of years. I’m a big von Trier fan anyway, but this is outstanding in every respect. And you get to see Kirsten Dunst naked.

Pigface
    Free Member

Fast and Furious 5 😳 just utter tripe. 0/10

hh45
    Free Member

Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy – easily 8 or 9 out of 10. my fave book and also loved the 1979 BBC TV adaptation. Latest film is also very good albeit they have revised a few parts and characters but still good and beautifully directed.

Skyliner
    Free Member

“Apocolypto”, surprisingly fantastic 10/10!

trailofdestruction
    Free Member

Also Tinker Taylor Soldier Spy. 9/10. Easily the best film I’ve seen for a long time. Proper film that doesn’t patronise it’s audience. Great script, great actors, and stunning photography.

samuri
    Free Member

Limitless – Actually not bad at all, 7/10

samuri
    Free Member

Primer.
    A “serious” time travel film. I’m still confused.

It’s mental isn’t it? I watched it twice and was still scratching my head.

GrahamS

The Thin Red Line (the other night on More4) – brilliant. Poetic, beautiful, brutal, gutwrenching. Excellent war movie to mull over with some wine.

SaxonRider

Interesting choice, GrahamS. I wouldn’t have thought Mallick’s work would get much a look-in on here.

It’s ‘Melancholia’ for me. Utterly stunning. 9.5/10

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Tron Legacy: just thought it was a waste of loads of SFX talent tbh. Cooduv bin really good, had the makings of a good dark tale, but was proper let down by bad acting, too much silly fighting and a pretty weak storyline. Found it really disappointing; another example of Holywood just not taking an idea far enough and festooning it with loads of SFX to distract us from what is actually not that great a film. A shame. 5/10 and only cos it was visually fantastic.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Johnny English 2 – 8/10 light comedy

robbo
    Free Member

Battle Los Angeles – made me panic about that asteroid that passed us… 7/10

speaker2animals

Have been to my local Film Theatre twice in 5 days after a 15 year absence (having once been a season ticket holder).

Last Thursday – Trollhunter – excellent if you can do sub-titles. In the Blair Witch found documentary footage. Except this is good, tense in parts and very good humour. 8/10.

Tinker, Taylor, Soldier, Spy last night. 8/10. Superb acting, well written and involving. Looks as though it was filmed in the 70s. Britain looked like an outpost of the Soviet Union. Was that really how the country looked 40 years ago? I just found the depiction of the UK very intriguing. In my memory it was only a bit like it looked in the film. Very good, brain food. I’m just not quite as taken with it as the critics seem to have been. And that is more a question of critics than the film. I highly recommend it.

RustySpanner

Mr Bean’s Holiday.

Not my choice, but the person I was working for wanted to see it again.

It wasn’t half as bad as it could have been, very cleverly done.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Tinker Tailor was the last film I watched in a cinema, and I found much of it quite boring tbh. Very visually well done but I dozed off in’t middle. Thought it was too long and drawn out really. To me, it wooduv worked better done in an hour. I’ll give it a 6/10 for the performances and the sets and clothes and photography and stuff. Other than that it would scrape a 4 with me really.

Stuey01
    Free Member

Just got back from seeing Contagion at the cinema. I liked it, 7.5/10.

Amos
    Free Member

V for Vendetta seen the last part of the film several times after rocking in pissed late on a Saturday, finally saw the entire film and thought it was a amazing! Great comic book action 10/10

big_scot_nanny

Danny Boyle’s Sunshine. 8/10, really enjoyable but the bad guy is a bit pap (and a bit Event Horizon-ish), but the crux of the major decisions that have to be made is most enjoyable.

AdamW
    Free Member

I watched “The Big Lebowski” which was pretty good. Never seen it before. But I rented it from iTunes HD and it kept buffering. Grrr! 👿

Apart from that I would give it an 8/10.

whatnobeer
    Free Member

Heat, 8/10. Some brilliant performances, a few great action scenes and characters that have some depth to them. Getting on for 3 hours though, which is always a little on the long side imo.

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

Another Earth was indeed a stunning film.

colournoise

Finally caught The Inbetweeners.

7/10

Funny enough but nothing special.

If you like the TV stuff you’ll like the film. Same humour but not as ‘compact’. 1 1/2 hours of film had maybe half the laughs per minute ratio of the TV series. Also loses some kudos due to the lazy british-TV-sitcom-does-a-film-where-the-characters-go-on-holiday thing.

slainte 😀 rob

petrieboy

Neds – 9/10 shocking, believably true to life and no Hollywood ending.

emanuel
    Free Member

duel.pretty good for a spielberg flick.bit repetitive tho.6/10.
    saw This must be the place,while on holiday,fine film.7.5/10

handyman
    Free Member

Thor good fun 3.5/5
    Red is good for slobbing 4/5
    Bad teacher with diaz is different and i wish she had been my teacher3.5/5
    i watch films to just be entertained not to analyse or learn from
    and The American is only good for the nude scenes, i guessed the ending the first 10mins

emanuel
    Free Member

analysing and learning is entertaining.

user-removed
    Free Member

Night of the Demon from Columbia Pictures – an adaptation of a MR James story, Casting the Runes.

Shows its age (1957) but well worth a watch. The demon appears at the end and looks like a muppet, but I can forgive Columbia given the quality of the rest of the film.

mtb2020
    Free Member

Been splashing out on some cheapo films from Amazon.

Watched half of Quo Vadis last night – 5/10. Not as good as I remember but Peter Ustinov is really good as mad, bad and dangerous to know, Nero.

Also from my recent under a fiver stash: – Arsenic and Old Lace with Cary Grant – 10/10. Always meant to watch it, well worth the £4.00 I paid for it.

Got The Robe with Richard Burton and Jean Simmons to watch tomorrow. Can’t wait.

Always recommend buying any of the series of Moonlighting with Cybill Shepherd and Bruce Willis. Never fails to make me laugh.

Saving up for the complete box set of Dad’s Army. Torn between that or all the Carry on films. Choices. Choices!!

Can’t say much of the present day output of films appeals to me much. Watched the Adjustment Bureau online. Can never understand why Matt Damon gets so many lead parts.

coolhandluke
    Free Member

Bored the other night so I watched the Bourne Identity, (the first one)

Excellent film of course. OK Matt Damon (said like in Team America) can’t act but its still a great film.

yossarian
    Free Member

Watched ‘the Green Zone’ last night.

Moralistic, oversimplified but retained enough interesting features to give it 6/10. Target audience is high school America I think.

morgs
    Free Member

Real Steel – 6/10
    typical underdog boxing film a la rocky(s), but worth a watch.

Tinker, Taylor, Soldier, Spy last night. 8/10. Superb acting, well written and involving. Looks as though it was filmed in the 70s. Britain looked like an outpost of the Soviet Union. Was that really how the country looked 40 years ago? I just found the depiction of the UK very intriguing. In my memory it was only a bit like it looked in the film. Very good, brain food. I’m just not quite as taken with it as the critics seem to have been. And that is more a question of critics than the film. I highly recommend it.

Completely agree. Thought it was fantastic yet a few of my friends thought it a waste of a couple of hours of their lives. I think you need to have quite a deep interest in the subject to really value the film.

cheese@4p

Watched Life in a Day on DVD last night – OK a documentary so maybe it doesn’t count but I loved it – (Love it = 9/10 in my scoring)

Last proper movie – Pulp Fiction which seemed like a string of set pieces badly cobbled together. Still quite enjoyable in parts so 7/10.

Best seen recently was Breaking Away – 9/10 fantastic, best movie of the 1970s IMO

AndyP
    Free Member

Probably around 6/10.

kimbers

watched Max Payne on C4 last weekend
    it starred mark wallberg and was based on a video game
    and unsurprisingly was absolutely freaking awful
    I have my name is Bruce and xmen 1st class for this weekend tho !

cheers_drive

Not sure which one I watched last:
    Submarine 7/10 – Was really looking forward to it after seeing the trailer but it was a bit more melancholy than quirky.

Stakeland 7/10 – Like an action version of The Road, good entertainment but not much to think about.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 253 total)

The topic ‘Rate the last movie you watched.’ is closed to new replies.