Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • racing ralph or nobby nic?
  • yesiamtom
    Free Member

Not another what tyre question…

Basically i have a 2.4 nobby nic for the front of my singlespeed once it gets mucky. This is going to get used in wales in a few weeks for trail centres with 130mm forks and then rigid once the wet weather sets in.

Im not sure what to put on the back. I want something that will last me till it gets really filthy mucky in winter and am unsure whether to go for a 2.25 nobby nic of racing ralph. Im leaning towards the ralph but im concered as to whether it will get good grip in the mud? I also do about 14 miles on road every tuesday to get to the club mtb ride hence with ralph is looking good.

Any help would be appreciated 🙂

qwerty
    Free Member

racing ralph was great f&r on the CX bike in FOD if it helps 😀

yesiamtom
    Free Member

ehhhh close enough! 😀

spock
    Free Member

on the racing ralph advert in singletrack it says 'limited durability and puncture resistance'

That would put me off.

yesiamtom
    Free Member

i should probably point out spock im not exactly a gnarl-core rider. I do the occasional small jump and stuff but i basically ride XC. Its not very rooty/rocky around portsmouth.

Potter
    Free Member

i have recently brought both and have to say that after a few days in afan i am glad i went with nobby nics f&r the ralphs are very very thin and would puncture easily on any rocky trail centres imo
    both cracking tyres though but the nics would be my choice

Whyte1
    Free Member

Go for Maxxis as even the Double Defence Nobby Nic's get shredded here

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘racing ralph or nobby nic?’ is closed to new replies.