• This topic has 17 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by Hal.
Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Quadrophenia. We are the Mods.
  • Hal
    Free Member

I have tickets to see Quadrophenia on stage in Aberdeen this Thursday, have you seen it? If so, was it good?

I like the Who and the scooter scene, I was a mod in the 80s scooter as well. 8)

rockitman
    Free Member

I don't like the theatre. I've been 3 times and every time I try to enjoy it but I just don't get it.

I went to see this in Manchester. I thought it was OK but again it didn't change my opinion. However, there were lots of ex-mods there and they seem to love it. Apparently it's a huge advantage if you've watched the film recently.

toxicsoks
    Free Member

My daughter worked on Quadrophenia (backstage) at Leeds Grand Theatre – she reckoned it was a really good production with a good cast and excellent band.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Northwind

I'm a rocker, if you want I can wait outside and we can have a fight afterwards?

KINGTUT
    Free Member

I'm a rocker, if you want I can wait outside and we can have a fight afterwards?

Here's a useless piece of info for you,during the 60's the majority of fighting was between rival gangs of Mods and not Mods and Rockers (seaside skirmishes aside).

nickc

and excellent band.

Oh.The.Irony.

ourmaninthenorth

I don't like the theatre. I've been 3 times and every time I try to enjoy it but I just don't get it.

I'm fascinated by this – I go to the theatre as often as I can, and love it.

But, I only go to see plays – for me musicals aren't theatre; they're just a two hour assault on the senses without any artistic merit.

fatsimonmk2
    Free Member

rockitman
    Free Member

ourmaninthenorth – it fascinates me too, which is why I continue to try. I just don't get it. I go in, I sit down and within 20 minutes I'm bored senseless, I just can't seem to engage with it and I have no idea why.

I've tried The Producers, something else (a proper play, can't remember the title) and now this. I will continue to try as I really want to enjoy it!

G
    Free Member

Bollocks! Thought it was a thread about Rudeboy being caught with a new alter ego……

Hal
    Free Member

I have looked out my parka for this evening, still fits well; it should as it was always way to baggy for me, Just my bowling shoes to find. God, I wish I had never sold my Scooter. We are the Mods. 8) ➡

shoefiti
    Free Member

I'm fascinated by this – I go to the theatre as often as I can, and love it.

i am facinanted by this also, also i'd like your opinion on male grooming products and favorite Judy Garland films.

Rochey
    Free Member

Well I'm already in, Mrs R and myself are going to Brighton to see the show in the home of the Vespa, Cool think is I still have a PX Vespa too.

I must say this is prob one of my all time fav films.

We are the MODS, we are the MODS………………..

Really looking frward to it.

Hal
    Free Member

We are the MODS, we are the MODS, We are, we are, we are the Mods,I cant wait, i have been listning to the sound track for the movie on my walkman, on the opening night the Aberdeen scooter club done a run from the beach to the theatre and met the cast. oh how i wish i still had a Scooter, and a fringe. 🙄

bassspine
    Free Member

…always hated Quadrophenia. Whinging tw4t wastes a perfectly good scooter at the end.

ourmaninthenorth

ourmaninthenorth – it fascinates me too, which is why I continue to try. I just don't get it. I go in, I sit down and within 20 minutes I'm bored senseless, I just can't seem to engage with it and I have no idea why.

That is interesting. For me, Ilike the discipline of having to suspend disbelief and then, pop, it's happened and I'm immersed in the story and what te play is about.

If it's a musical, however, I try to work out if it's possible to sleep through the godawful row and will Mrs North realise all I'm watching are the boobs of the leading lady.

I've tried The Producers, something else (a proper play, can't remember the title) and now this. I will continue to try as I really want to enjoy it!

Trouble is, you've seen two musicals. Muscials are, to my mind, the lowest form of staged entertainment. I'd rather be in a Bangkok go-go bar being showered with ping pong balls. Actiually…. Seriously, look for a play that you think you'd enjoy, and give it another try. One day you'll see something, and it will click. Also, go somewhere where there are decent productions with decent actors. Makes all the difference (I live in Manchester, so primarily go to the Royal exchange, which is a theatre in the round (stage is in the middle of the audience) and is therefore very engaging.

i am facinanted by this also, also i'd like your opinion on male grooming products and favorite Judy Garland films.

Reminds me of a mate from Middlesborough. "Theatre? That's gay" "Poetry? That's gay" "Paintings? Gay" "Books? Gay". Cultureless c**t.

shoefiti
    Free Member

Cultureless c**t.

I to god you don't ever put 'GSOH' on your lonely hearts ad! 😆

Hal
    Free Member

Just back from Quadraphenia, it was very good, but if I had not seen the movie 100 times or more since I was 15 (45 Now) and new what the sound track was like then I would have been totally lost. I would recommend it to all who (no pun intended) likes the who sound and the scooter scene. Well I can put my parka and bowling shoes away for a while, actually I might go and see Who’s-who tribute band at the Lemon Tree Aberdeen on the 29th August. We are the Mods etc etc etc. 8)

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Quadrophenia. We are the Mods.’ is closed to new replies.