Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • PSA Llandegla Closed today 27th
  • Gibbon
    Free Member

Due to the overnight rain freezing solid on the access road and cark and trails we have had to close once again. Its quite funny to see its like someone has taken a hosepipe to the place to make a giant ice rink!

If you have commited to coming to the area maybe Moel Fammau and the Clwyds could be a good fall back, no centre there but the riding might be a little better. Don't sue me if it isn't!

Houns

Cheers for the heads up

chalkstorm
    Free Member

Yep, cheers. S'posed to be going tomorrow….. a rethink is probably in order now!

jimthesaint

It's over 6degrees in Caerwys (it's at the other end of the clwyds) and chucking it down.

I'd be surprised if the access road up to Llandegla is still iced up. There's no remaining ice or snow up here.

GavinB

@jim – So, does that mean that you are surprised then?

GavinB

Or do you know better than the guys that are there?

jimthesaint

When I did my first post I was getting ready to go for a ride so I thought I'd go over to 'degla and have a look for myself.

It is considerably colder in the South of the Clwydians than the North at the moment. 1.5 degrees compared to 4 degrees.

The access road to One Planet is iced up pretty solid. None of the main roads are so it looks like nobody has bothered to salt that road at all. The trails were alright though, a bit of ice here and there, but nothing like the access road.

There were plenty of other people parked at the bottom of the access road braving it so they might be along in a moment to give their two pence worth.

johnikgriff
    Free Member

Drove up there this morning. No chance of a ride. Managed to just get up to the gate (There was a car there that looked like ir had been there all day). No way I would have got up the road into the carpark. Ice was as Gibbons says, about an inch or 2 thick and looks like water, but slippy as hell.

We rode last year when it was icey, but its so bad this year it wasn't worth getting the bikes down. 🙁

genesis
    Free Member

Car was our chief instructors (he used to drive tanks!). Thing is if we can't get the L200's into the car park then safety becomes a massive issue, its all well and good 'giving it a go' and going riding but if something happens and a rider needs evac by emergency services you could be in severe problems before they even get to you.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘PSA Llandegla Closed today 27th’ is closed to new replies.