Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • PSA: Aldi Bike Gear Thursday 3rd
  • ronjeremy
    Free Member

Couldn’t see this posted previously

Details here

JoeG
    Free Member

The US Aldis never has bike stuff! 🙁

althepal

Good shout, might take a look in the morning..

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    meehaja
    Free Member

Soft shell jackets are nice at 14.99 (in black or white).
    Jerseys are a little thin, but will be great for summer (or under a soft shell).
    Compression vests are great, I have a few of these and always wear one under a jersey on a road ride.
    Fingerless gloves are crap, but at 3.50 its always worth having a pair (I have about 4 now) they meet a need, but my next gloves will be nice ones I think.

Other bits looked ok. Cheap and ideal if you want to try it without commiting to a big investment, I still use Aldi panniers from about 5 years ago!

(the maple syrup is nice too)

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Ta. got a soft shell for a mate

jimc101
    Free Member

Got in to the local branch at 0810, and there were people walking out with armfuls of bike stuff.

Got a soft shell, I had one last time around, and the sizing seems to have changed, had to get a Medium for the same fit as my last Large, they have also added a zipped pocket which is great.

The Panniers looked nice for the money but don’t need any at the moment.

Sue_W
    Free Member

Thanks for the heads up.

Softshell jackets are good – now have a girl’s one in pink 🙂

Jerseys are ‘lightweight’ as mentioned above – but good for summer wear, and the socks are always worth picking up if you’re in need of a cheap pair.

But somehow I also seem to have wandered out with a load of plants and potting compost … that’s going to interfere with my biking!

Duggan

Anyone tried the rucksack’s/backpack things?

I have a spare bladder but no backpack at the minute so thought might give one a punt, I think it mentioned on the site that one of them has space for a bladder

SammyC
    Free Member

Yes! Just bought two of the smaller ones to replace my 4yo previous Aldi incarnation of the same pack. 🙂

Use mine for commuting, just big enough to fit in the tools, pump, tube, wallet, shirt and pants/socks that I need daily. Great little short ride pack too. And, yes, it does have the pocket and clips etc for hydration bladder but the packs a bit narrow so I’m not sure all bladders would fit.

Legoman
    Free Member

Had trackpumps in my local too for £4.99
    Still got mine from last time around – bit plasticky, but good value for a fiver.

Taff
    Free Member

That bike jacket is really good. Got two of them now

mav12
    Free Member

excuse my ignorance but what is the idea behind compression vests and pants

cp

My track pump from aldi bust during the first time I tried to inflate a road tyre 🙁

might wander down later and get some more socks.

meehaja
    Free Member

In theory compression vests and pants improve circulation and recovery post ride or something. I don’t know the science, but I wear the vest as a thermal layer under a jersey to stop that cold sweat feeling.

The sleeves on the soft shell are a little shorter than I’d like, but I might be a gorrilla.

ronjeremy
    Free Member

Managed to get a soft shell, but only in white, off into the ‘Diff tomorrow so I’ll have a look for a black one whilst I’m there,

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Just got a compression vest, incredible quality for the money.

danjthomas
    Free Member

i just got me some new undy shorts. Got back to the office and realised they are ladies!! bummer

binners

You fool! Never pick up the pink ones!!! 😉

Think I’ll pop in on the way home and see if there are any track pumps left

rOcKeTdOg

Tried an XL soft shell on at lunch time, was a bit loose but the arms were really short and i’ve not got monkey arms, in a riding position they’d only cover half my forearm, bought a track pump though

v666ern
    Free Member

PSA the Aldi in QUEDGELEY is cash only today 😕

crush83
    Free Member

Aldi in cartetton has a lot of stuff still in. Just picked up a lightweight jacket and small hand pump

Duggan

Just been in to have a look at the backpacks after work- there was one left which happened to be in exactly the same colours as my bike so took it as a sign and bought it.

Seems decent enough, the bladder I have (camelback) fits into it even when full and there’s some pockets for phone, cards etc. I almost spent £70 on an Osprey Raptor a week or two ago so if this does the job for £15 then I’ll consider it a bargain.

Got a couple of innertubes as well.

TiRed

Three softshells, three gloves and socks (colouration coded for each boy) plus some ortlieb knockoff white panniers for £15. Not exactly robust, but they managed to carry the booty home. Needed something small for overflow from my Downtown.

The jackets are quality, the jerseys less so. The gloves disposable. Useful when you have boys like mine.

West Drayton had lots of stock at 6pm.

lunge

Jackets looked good but didn’t fit tall, long armed me.
    Compression tops are fine as well, perfect for under tops.
    Cycling tops looked thin but will do for an emergency, run out if tops, top.

cynic-al
    Free Member

I’ve found the jerseys to be a rubbish fit previously.

JoeG
    Free Member

This is what we have to look forward to at Aldi this week in the US Aldi Ad

No bike stuff. Ever. 😥 And we don’t have Lidl…

kayak23

Found the track pump to have a lot of resistance in use. defo seated on the valve properly too. Has good capacity but yeah, seems to have a lot of resistance.

not convinced about the compression underwear. Seem like normal kex but a but more Bridget Jones, in a man way…

TomHill
    Free Member

R.e. the US Aldi advert… what the HELL is brown sugar ham? And who sells meat in a tub? Eww.

ianwild16
    Free Member

I’ve bought the rucksack.
    There’s a side compartment which is big enough to hold a 0.5L thermos flask.
    The main compartment has a mobile phone holder on a clip, a couple of zipped pockets and some velcro strips for holding a bladder.
    There’s also zipped pockets on top and on the side – on the straps which clip around your body.
    The tube for your bladder comes through the shoulder straps. There’s elasticated straps and plastic clips for holding the tube on the straps.
    There’s a rain cover located underneath the bag.
    Used it for my commute yesterday.
    Light and comfortable. easily enough room for my flask, butties, crisps, yogurt, biscuit, apple and tube/pump/multi-tool/levers.
    The zips are a bit stiff, but they sort of have a seal on them which comes together after you zip them.
    I would recommend it. I’ll keep the receipt just in case – aldi have a no quibble returns policy.

rOcKeTdOg

60 day return

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘PSA: Aldi Bike Gear Thursday 3rd’ is closed to new replies.