Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • Protection – Who use's it? & Where?
  • spanishbarry
    Free Member

I do actually have some CS gas ,oh and I have some Dainese shin guards

nath
    Free Member

Kyle Straits and a full face (even on XC ride!) for me. Hot but after a close shave with my jaw and rocks it seems a good idea.

I am thinking of changing to a normal helmet soon and taking it easier on the downs as the ups are a pain in the full face.

Northwind

I was wearing my kyle straits and my armoured shorts on my commute today 🙂 Looked a bit daft probably but I was glad of it on the ice, very hairy in places. Rad to the power of getting to work on time

biker66
    Free Member

It's a strange one. I started riding BMX after a 20 year hiatus. Riding the BMX track, I wasn't worried about protection, even though everyone else was all covered up head to toe in full face and knee and elbow guards. When I go to the skatepark though, then I wear helmet, gloves, chicken wings and Kyle straits – all the time. Apart from a couple of guys and little kids who are made to wear a lid by their mum, I'm the only one with all that gear on. I had about 4 real crashes last summer, and came down hard on my knees and elbows. Concrete scares me.
    But I was just out the other day on the bmx track with my mountain bike trying to clear doubles. No protection. Same for hacking through the woods. Not on road either.
    If I think about it, it doesn't make much sense. But I guess it's about what scares you. I still can't understand all those kids in the skatepark getting big airs and crazy tricks in jeans and t-shirt. But I never wear a gear on my mountain bike. Should I 'spose. I feel silly wearing a helmet on the road too.

actiondan
    Free Member

Ok I get it! I'm going to ask Santa for some 661 Kyle Straits, maybe some flattie's or is that pushing it? I promise I'll ride even harder…. 😈 But should I wear them on the Whinlatter Enduro, which I'm hoping to ride pretty quick?

Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)

The topic ‘Protection – Who use's it? & Where?’ is closed to new replies.